Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 05-05-2007, 12:44 AM   #1
Water Warrior 2

Training Daz

Well, we are all done at last. Happy Hobo and I finished the M/C training course. Happy as a new rider and myself as a returning rider(two yrs ago)who has been very lucky over the years. The knowledge gained is invaluable to both of us. Our instructor was knowledgeable and very observant. After 30 some years of riding I figured it was about time to really upgrade my skill level. Had to unlearn bad habits first and then learn new ones that are good. Trevor our instructor pointed out my bad habits and now it will be practice practice practice to retrain my muscles and reactions to certain situations. A great way to improve one's self and be safer every ride. Highly recommended to anyone.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-05-2007, 03:15 AM   #2
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Congrats to both of you.

The only bad habit i had to break during the course was using 2 fingers on the front brake.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 05-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
Bill

Good job! Congratulations to you and Happy Hobo. After more practice and I hope to take the advanced course. Great way to sharpen the skills.

Cheers!

Old 05-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Dupo, me too. Two fingers is sometimes more comfy depending on the reach to the lever. Also the gripo size , hand size etc. Ultimately it all comes down to comfort and safety and melding them together. Disc brakes are so nice to operate with two fingers but just think if that is your preference and you ride some one else's bike without a disc on the front. Could be a real bad day. Glad we took the course, not cheap but better than pain or maim. Actually, the training is a good insurance policy with a one time fee and all you need to do is practice the training to keep it in effect.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Well i only had to break that habit for 2 days during the MSF. The instructor kept squeezing his hand at me because i was only using 2 fingers. After each course i would leave and go back to using 2 fingers again lol.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 05-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #6
Littlethumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Well i only had to break that habit for 2 days during the MSF. The instructor kept squeezing his hand at me because i was only using 2 fingers. After each course i would leave and go back to using 2 fingers again lol.
About the fingers on the brake, yeah,i just used to put my three fingers instead of four on my first day on MSF course too,lol!
My instructor always lookin' at me, yelling "Joy, four fingers on the brake then back to the throttle", 'coz he knows it all the time...well, b'coz i'm the only one on the class never had experience on riding so he pays more attention on me. I get so never then, so my fingers is always on the brake lever and he came to me, telling me to put my fingers back to the throttle unless i need to need the brake. :sad: I guess it'll take me a while to get used to it :roll:
I'm just glad my intructor had a lot of patience to put up with me :lol: But i learned so fast he said...to be honest, i don't learn too easy by
reading, i easily learn by watching and listening...

Drive safe....