Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips

Old 07-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
bigwonton

Finally got my leathers

After about two months of searching, my quest for leather riding gear on the cheap has come to fruition and by dumb luck, things happened to match. Picked up the jacket new on Ebay a few months ago for $113 and found that Motorcycle Closeouts had leather pants in my size on sale for $130 - so for about $250, my body is now covered in dead cow and loving it.

Unfortunately, even though they are the same brand, the TT jacket has a 360 degree jacket-to-pant zipper while the Apex pants have the zipper just on the backside. Looks like it's time to break out the sewing kit. I've found that there seems to be no standardization with zipper direction either across varying brands. Can the manufacturers get together and work this out?!?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
LilNinja77

Nice , I've heard good and bad things about MotoGP gear.......seems like it's one of those "hit or miss" things where it's either really good or really bad. Yep, it's not necessary to spend an arm and a leg on good gear, my PowerTripp DTP leather jacket cost me like, $70 brand new....most comfortable jacket I own. The gear looks good, hope you enjoy it.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~