Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 09-21-2009, 05:27 AM   #1
JTMO

A new one from Spain

Hello I have a 2006 Suzuki Marauder GZ250 . I hope to enjoy in this forum sharing news from all over the world.

regards,

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #2
alantf

Re: A new one from Spain

Hi there, jtmo.

Whereabouts in Spain are you? I'm in Tenerife. Just remember that our bikes are completely different spec to the American bikes. The carburettors are set up richer, and they're slightly faster, so don't take any notice of the posts about carb. mods.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Hi there, jtmo.

Whereabouts in Spain are you? I'm in Tenerife. Just remember that our bikes are completely different spec to the American bikes and they're faster
you guys should start getting carbs for these bikes and selling them to people in the u.s.

those hard bags look kind of cool on the gz. never been a fan of bags well at least the looks.
nice bike.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
JTMO

I'm from Málaga. I lived in Las Palmas for two years in the 80's. I visited Tenerife sometimes by holidays. I understood that our bikes are faster that americans ones, or we would say less slower that americans, because my GZ 250 max speed is about 120 km/hours.

Regards,
Old 09-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
JWR

If you are talking about 75 to 80 MPH, my bike will do that on any given day.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."

Old 09-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMO
my GZ 250 max speed is about 120 km/hour
Suzuki says 110 km/hr maximum, but 120 seems about right on the autopista, with favourable conditions, PERO, don't ride at this speed all the time, as it can shorten the engine life!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #7
alanmcorcoran

I like the look of the hard bags too.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
VTXorcist

Send a message via Yahoo to VTXorcist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
those hard bags look kind of cool on the gz. never been a fan of bags well at least the looks.
nice bike.
Haha sorry to digress but this brought me back to when I started riding. I used to think "Windshields look terrible. Bags look terrible. Who needs a sissy bar? I like low-profile seats." After a year of riding, I scrapped all that and now have a HUGE windshield, a fat super-padded seat, lowers, hand shields, big bags, a sissybar and bag, and even a driver backrest. I like looking cool, but comfort won out in the end!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #9
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXorcist
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
nice bike.
Haha sorry to digress but this brought me back to when I started riding. I used to think "Windshields look terrible. Bags look terrible. Who needs a sissy bar? I like low-profile seats." After a year of riding, I scrapped all that and now have a HUGE windshield, a fat super-padded seat, lowers, hand shields, big bags, a sissybar and bag, and even a driver backrest. I like looking cool, but comfort won out in the end!
i like the stripped down look with nothing added. for what i do on a bike witch is mainly joy riding around town for a hour or two and the occasional highway trip under 30 min im good. if i were making long trips constatly that i think i would be out shooting for all the comfortable items to add on to the bike.

i don't think any of it looks terrible but i think that kind of stuff takes away from the looks of the bike.

i look at the bike as a toy, its relaxing and fun and i love riding it. around town riding is the most enjoyable to me. i would like to get a removable windshield for when the weather is cold. and a new set of pipes for my bike and that's it. the seat is really darn comfortable, there is one seat i really like for my bike but im not getting it, probably not as nice and cushy as the one i have not. sure looks about 10 times better tho but for the most part im happy with my bike jsut the way it is.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Hi there, jtmo.

Whereabouts in Spain are you? I'm in Tenerife. Just remember that our bikes are completely different spec to the American bikes. The carburettors are set up richer, and they're slightly faster, so don't take any notice of the posts about carb. mods.
I think the only difference between the European carb and the U.S. model would be a different jet, making the carb run leaner. I just can't believe Suzuki would reinvent a wheel to export to us. I'm sure we could discover the difference by comparing the exploded parts view if we could get one for the U.S. and European countries. (Parts manual)

I once ordered a "Canadian" PROM (Chip) for my Corvette that was build for U.S./California emission standards. Just needed the Canadian p/n and ordered it thru my Chevy dealer. Simple as that.

Just my guess? Any thoughts?