Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 01-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
Dixon Webb

OLD GUY FINALLY GETS A GZ250

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY

JUST BOUGHT A GZ250 AND IT'S GREAT. TOOK THE MOTORCYCLE SAFETY CLASS AND RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE JUST STARTING OUT OR WHO HASN'T BEEN ON A BIKE FOR A WHILE. IN MY CASE "IN A WHILE" WAS ABOUT 50 YEARS. I AM CURIOUS TO KNOW IF THERE ARE A FEW OTHER OLD TIMERS AROUND SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND HOW THEY ARE GETTING ON WITH THEIR GZ250?

WHEN I WAS A KID I HAD AN INDIAN 350CC VERTICAL TWIN, AN ARIEL SQUARE FOUR, AN OLD FLAT HEAD HARLEY DAVIDSON, AND A TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE 650 TWIN. THEN CAME KOREA, THEN CAME A JOB, THEN 47 YEARS AGO CAME A WIFE WHO WAS AND IS AFRAID OF MOTORCYCLES. TOOK ME 47 YEARS TO WEAR HER DOWN. THE GZ250 WAS MY 70TH BIRTHDAY PRESENT. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS A SIMILAR STORY?

THANKS.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-03-2007, 05:35 AM   #2
Badbob

Welcome to the board. I'm a retread myself I didn't need to wear the wife down she has her own GZ250.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
BadMojo

Happy New Year to you, and welcome aboard. Persistence pays off, I had to work on my old lady too, she also is still afraid of bikes. I enjoy every moment on my bike, sometimes I just go for a ride with no particular place to go to.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:54 AM   #4
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMojo
sometimes I just go for a ride with no particular place to go to.
A destination is just an excuse to ride. I'm prone to riding down the road and taking off down a side road just to see where it goes. I just about always take the long way home form work.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:18 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Dixon, welcome to the world of wheels. Can't top your story but glad you finally made it. The 250 is Lynda's bike and I was pretty impressed the day we picked it up. I rode it home 138 KMs and was surprised at the ability to maintain highway speeds and the power this little single developes. Enjoy your bike and keep the shiny side up.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:52 PM   #6
davidc83

Welcome Dixon, took me almost 9 years to wear my wife down, we have been married almost 9 years. I knew if I could only get her into the motorcycle store, I could change her mind. Yep, it worked. She went in to appease me and I brought it home. My new baby is under the picture section, titled "my new baby". have fun and keep both tires on the pavement.