Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 02-17-2016, 12:28 AM   #31
Vegas Street Rider

Thanks for the update WW.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #32
Water Warrior 2

News of the ugly sort. Went online to order the center stand from Japan. Not gonna happen. Thanks to the Canadian dollar falling in value and the cost of the CS in U.S dollars I won't be looking at getting one. I am looking at $420 before shipping, currency converion fees, customs fees and whatever else might be added on. So at least a $500 hit with no end in sight. Humbug. A center stand would be so nice but that cost is just retarded. So much for the ease of chain maintenance I was hoping for.

I know! I'll just pretend the CTX is a GZ and make do with what I have. Have a good day guys an gals.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #33
Water Warrior 2

Today was the big day. A short but cold 1st ride. Noticed 2 things first off. The seat needs to be modified to fit my backside and boy oh boy can this thing hustle. The power at low revs is really good and throttle response is crisp as all get out. Being on a new bike and riding in the cold made me tense up quite a bit but it was worth it. Tomorrow might be a touch warmer but I will make that decision tomorrow as to whether I have another short ride. A naked bike is a bit of a new experince for me. My Vstrom of a few years ago had much better coverage with the fairing, handguards and heated grips. At the time I also had heated clothing right down to my toes.

The LED driving lights arrived yesterday. It may take me a couple months to get them on the bike though. I need much warmer temps to do anything on the bike and I need to plan out exactly where all the wires will go after the lights are mounted. The whole system has 2 relays for hi and low power settings with a memory function. This will allow for the LEDs to work in concert with the regular headlight hi and low. Sounds kind of trick and I will only really need the regular hi/lo headlight switch to make everything happen. On low beam there will be a conspicuous triangle of light and a wow factor triangle on hi beam. Okay, I admit it. I am a light junkie. I like to see and be seen.
If the system works as well as I anticipate it will, My Ranger will get the same treatment. Never have liked the Hella 450 driving lights that much but they are better than nothing.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:45 PM   #34
burkbuilds

I'm glad you like the new bike. Warmer weather is coming. It hit 87 here today, you won't be to far behind.

I found out today work is sending me to Italy for 2 weeks. It's tough but someone has to do it.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:39 PM   #35
Water Warrior 2

Hopefully the weather will be warm and dry enough for the next 3 days for a ride. Got my fingers crossed.

Italy should be a nice interesting change of pace for you. Do you have adequate health care coverage for the overseas trip? I'm sure you have it covered but just a mention can't hurt.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:55 PM   #36
Water Warrior 2

Got a few things planned in the next week or so. Off comes all the plastic, front fender and side covers front and rear. With luck I might even find out where the gas tank is hidden down under. I am slowly getting my act together to do the LED driving light install and wiring. Rear brake pedal still requires an adjustment for a more reliable action as it is too high for my big foot. Right now all the LED brackets are in the dishwasher prior to painting them black.

Found some Memphis Shade fork clamps hiding in a closet so the lights will go on the forks to provide a triangular light effect to be more noticeable to oncoming traffic.
The wiring should be a real challenge as I have to extend everything a bit to reach back to the under seat tray where the relays will live next to the battery. A Stebel air horn is on the menu too. Those things really get rid of forest rats quickly. I know from personal experience you can scare a cell phone driver so bad their arm jerks and flings the cell out the window. That alone was worth the price of the air horn. LOL.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #37
Water Warrior 2

Went for ride around town yesterday. Oh my, that seat is just a nightmare for my body. Tried a Gel pad too. Not looking good. Priced out a Corbin seat with a backrest..............................and almost blacked out from shock. $1100 + Can Dollars. That doesn't include Customs fees or delivery charges be what they may.

That seat on a lawn tractor down the street is looking pretty good right now.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #38
alantf

The most comfortable seats I've ever had were the tractor style seats on my first ever two wheeler, back in 1965. A 1959 Lambretta LI150.

b25.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b25.jpg (85.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-27-2016, 12:24 AM   #39
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
The most comfortable seats I've ever had were the tractor style seats on my first ever two wheeler, back in 1965. A 1959 Lambretta LI150.

b25.jpg
Yup, tractor seats are great. I spent many an hour on my lawn tractor years ago and never had a sore butt or back.

Back in 1978 I saw a Suzuki 750 Water Buffalo with a horse saddle and a sheep skin. Looked very cozy.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:20 AM   #40
blaine

A friend of mine has a ol Honda 450 rat bobber with a ol Massey Harris tractor seat on it........Says it very comfy & never has back pain.