Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 03-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #41
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Went for ride around town yesterday. Oh my, that seat is just a nightmare for my body. Tried a Gel pad too. Not looking good. Priced out a Corbin seat with a backrest..............................and almost blacked out from shock. $1100 + Can Dollars
So I got real serious about a new Corbin seat and backrest. Contacted a supplier in Ontario Canada. A few bucks shy of $900 delivered to my door. What the Hey, why not make the bike a pleasure to ride and not a exercise in discomfort and back pain. My slush fund will receive a hit but I'm not getting any younger and would like a few creature comforts before I expire.
Now it's time for my midday meds. LOL.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-29-2016, 08:32 PM   #42
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
So I got real serious about a new Corbin seat and backrest. Contacted a supplier in Ontario Canada. A few bucks shy of $900 delivered to my door. What the Hey, why not make the bike a pleasure to ride and not a exercise in discomfort and back pain. My slush fund will receive a hit but I'm not getting any younger and would like a few creature comforts before I expire.
Now it's time for my midday meds. LOL.
I think you will find it money well spent.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:23 PM   #43
Water Warrior 2

OMG, did I screw up big time. The supplier I ordered from uses Corbins website for info. So I just carried on and placed the order. Yup, on Corbin's site. Early this morning I sent a request to cancel the order. Hope they will do it.
What I should have done is emailed the Canadian supplier my order and let them carry the ball kind of thing. They do all the shipping, taxes and duties that apply. This way it would be easier for me and I support 2 different companies while saving a few bucks if all goes well. Should know shortly if things work out, if not I have just been treated to a new lesson concerning online purchases. Yup, I'm my own worst enemy sometimes.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:52 PM   #44
Vegas Street Rider

Sounds complicated. Here in the US, online purchases are relatively simple. It does vary from state to state, but generally, you pay as advertised. Sometimes shipping is free depending on the company and, in many cases, sales taxes are not charged.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #45
Water Warrior 2

Buying in Canada is a different kettle of fish in many cases. Buying a product from the U.S and having it shipped North is an exercise in frustration sometimes. Thanks to the Canadian government we have all sorts of crap to contend with just for a simple purchase. Trade agreements are always in favor of the U.S. Good for you guys but it sure is a PITA here. I very much doubt U.S. folks have to pay through the nose to get something from Canada.

Thanks to FTA(Free Trade Agreement)and NAFTA(North American Free Trade Act)the Canadian dollar has been on it's knees for many years.
Canadian Customs is a money grab at the border with duties and fees for the simplest things. Some stuff is shipped by major couriers and they charge horrendous fees to bring it to your door.
In the past I have ordered riding gear from down South and had it mailed here. No real problem except who is at the border making up the rules. 2 Separate orders from the same vendor and one has duty and the other doesn't. Both were riding jackets for us bought 2 weeks apart.

So, back to my Corbin seat story. Corbin was kind enough to cancel the order. They didn't have to do that. I thank them for that. Now I am going to wait till my next MasterCard statement comes in to see for sure that there was no charge for the seat/backrest. If all is well I can start over with a lesson well learned.

Right now it is a beautiful day for riding and I am at home painting odds and ends for the bike. Flat black brackets and fixings for the LED driving lights and stuff to mount an air horn to one of the frame tubes.

Tomorrow is much the same, do the light bracket install, put the fender back on(don't scratch it) and then figure out where the wires can go through the bike and extend them too. Oh right, buy some wire too. Make a list stupid!!

Sitting and watching paint dry. Hmm, I retired for this? LOL.

Old 03-31-2016, 03:38 PM   #46
Vegas Street Rider

I experience the same frustration being retired also. When I work on a project, invariably I need a part or component and find that no one has it in stock and then I wait for my order praying they send the right one the first time.

When you finish outfitting your new ride, post lots of pics. That looks like a nifty bike online.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:37 PM   #47
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Street Rider View Post
I experience the same frustration being retired also. When I work on a project, invariably I need a part or component and find that no one has it in stock and then I wait for my order praying they send the right one the first time.

When you finish outfitting your new ride, post lots of pics. That looks like a nifty bike online.
Must be an old age thing. I sometimes get an idea but really haven't a clue how to get started on it. So I just browse all the shelves in a big box hardware and most of the time I get an idea purculating in my mind about how to go about it with odds and ends on the shelves. One of the older fellows at Home Depot asked if he could help me. I said I was looking for an idea. He said he knew that feeling very well.

Pics? Hmm, haven't done any since the forum changed hands and I lost the easy way to post pics. I honestly haven't a clue how to post now and the only time I tried it was an exercise in frustration for my stone age head. That said, if you really want pics in the future you can sent your email address directly to me and I can forward pics straight to you. You can post them here for everyone or not. The choice would be yours.

I used to get a kick out of posting pics of Lynda's GZ and the stuff I did to it. I had a lot of fun with doing stuff and she had all the fun riding the bike anywhere it was pointed.
Old 03-31-2016, 10:50 PM   #48
Water Warrior 2

The paint is dry. Later tonight I can install the fork clamps and put the fender back in place. My mismatched parts will all line up after some thought and a little brute force.

Mr. Brilliance won't have an air horn to install though. I looked for it...........how do you loose something in an apartment? Ah.... that's how. I finally remembered I put it on Lynda's M-50 cruiser when she had it. Oh well.

The Can dollar is on a bit of an upswing so I will check my MasterCard online next week for a zero balance. I just might get that new Corbin seat for a bit less than anticipated. Got my fingers crossed.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:33 AM   #49
alantf

Lets see if I can help you to upload pics

click on post reply. Scroll down to Manage attachments, and click.
A box will come up. Click on Browse, then find the picture you want, and click on it. Click upload, and wait while it uploads. The picture description (eg jpeg 100) will come up in the attachment box. Drag and drop it into your message, and - hey presto - it's done.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:17 AM   #50
Water Warrior 2

Well that sucks. I can choose a pic but it won't upload. Clicking on upload does nothing. That particular screen appears to remain in the background mode in muted colors.

Well I'll be something unprintable. It worked this time. I hope I can do this again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg duffy 001.jpg (92.1 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Water Warrior 2; 04-01-2016 at 11:19 AM.