Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:38 AM   #21
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Re: what does a hyper charger do to your gas milage.

Calling bike mods obnoxious, illegal and questionable is insulting to the owner of said bike containing the mods. I do not come on here and give 'stock' bike owners crap and say their stock bikes are shit/slow/dumb. I don't see why you have to do that to custom items.

A hypercharger adds power to the bike ... you don't even own one, what makes you know so much about them? If you stuck around the shadowriders forum long enough, before pissing off the entire group of members there, you would have seen there have been bikes dyno'd before and after hypercharger installs. ADDED HORSEPOWER was the result.

You pretty much stated that they are crap and do nothing ... as well as pipes and rejetting? Are you serious? LOL. You downed every mod that you hate in one sentence and your analysis is that they are worthless. My bike, with those mods DOES have more power to it. AND people DO comment on the things i have done. Two things there ... self worth of the mods done to my bike and appreciation from those who comment on those mods.

He wanted to know more about a hypercharger .... as with everyone wanting to mod something on their bike your answer was "dont do it, its stupid and a waste of money....keep it stock". If everyone thought like you, there would be no OCC, WCC, custom builders, custom bikes ... we would all be riding stinky stock bikes, helmets, orange vests, AGATT and hanging out at starbucks showing off our matching faux leather ensemble that our wives picked out for us at the GAP.

My problem lies in the fact that you are NO HELP whatsoever in modding threads ... people want to tinker and enjoy their ride and make it their own ... you just wanna deter them from that. Either help them out in a positive manner and give them the info, HONEST and TRUE info, or move on to another thread. Let them take the info submitted and make their OWN decisions.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #22
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
I do not come on here and give 'stock' bike owners crap and say their stock bikes are shit/slow/dumb.
Yes you absolutely DO. Just a few days ago you were putting down any bike smaller than a 750 as a "toy, put-put bike".......and claiming that EVERYBODY would eventually want a bigger bike.
Talk about NOT BEING HELPFUL in a GZ forum.......... :skull:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Let them take the info submitted and make their OWN decisions.
Except that you are not allowing all the information to be submitted. That's bias and censorship, plain and simple. The fact IS that most modifications to pipes and air boxes are ILLEGAL under Federal law. You can piss and moan about that all you want but you cannot change that fact.

As for the performance issue, I believe that the gain is not worth the time and effort......and if you want more power, you should get a bigger/more powerful bike. That OPINION doesn't match yours so you think it is alright to stiffle it.

And finally, you will notice that the post that started this included the line:
"Now......if you like to tinker just for the sake of it, fine, go ahead."

I think that anybody thinking about spending money, sometimes a LOT of money, should consider it carefully and should know that it MIGHT not be as great as some would make it seem.

NOW......if what you are really saying is "Its MY game and if you don't like MY rules, censorship and all, they you can get out"......then stop beating around the bush and just say that so it will be clear to all.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #23
Sarris

:popcorn: :whistle:

Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #24
burkbuilds

Just my two cents worth here. If someone comes on a thread and starts insulting someone personally, especially if they are using offensive language and belittling someone I think that is a good place for administrators to step in and stop it, however, I think the administrators need to show a higher standard of expression than the people they are addressing, not using comments like "why don't you just shut the ______ up". To me that seems more out of line than anything Easy said in his post to Danny's question. When I read Easy's post to Danny, I thought he was being very "tongue in cheek" and kinda "teasing" Danny with his comments about "not being a nice boy" anymore. From the way Danny responded, he seemed to take it that way too, and I don't think anything Easy said was offensive. Sometimes it's very difficult to know what someone's "tone" is in a written post unless they just go "off the wall" with vulgar insults or something. If the fact that someone disagree's with you is offensive to you then I think that you need to get over it, that's life, people will disagree with you and that shouldn't be taken as an insult. I like to do mods to my bike too, but I'm not "offended" if Easy doesn't agree with me about what I want to do, I actually appreciate hearing an opposing opinion, sometimes it might help me re-evaluate what I'm thinking about doing and if I decide not to listen to his advice it didn't really hurt me to hear it. I think that any of us who've been around this forum for any length of time are aware of Easy's position on modifications, and that' probably true about a lot of us on different issues, some people express very strong opinions about a lot of things that I don't always agree with, but I fully support their right to disagree with me, isn't that one of the things that makes our country, and this site, so great? I like that people express different views about stuff, who wants to only read positive comments about every subject, surely there have got to be subjects that have more valid points of view than just one. I mean come on Dupo, you obviously like to do and promote doing mods and you obviously don't seem to hold a lot of respect for anyone's ride that isn't as powerful as your Shadow and that's okay, that's you and I like hearing what you have to say even though I don't always agree with you! If you think Easy's comments aren't valid, then jump in and say what you finally did say which is that they've made a lot of difference in your bike and that is backed up by a lot of others who have made those types of mods, not just telling Easy that he shouldn't comment. I like hearing Easy's comments too even though I don't always agree with him, it's that variety that makes this such a good site!
I guess what I'm saying is, unless someone is using offensive/vulgar language or starting some type of a "fight" on here, I think you should let them post, if you want to express a different opinion on whatever topic they are talking about I'd love to read it, but please don't tell people that they should just shut up and not post or you are going to pull their posting privileges because you don't agree with what they are saying. Secondly, if you feel it necessary to reprimand somebody, I'd recommend that you start with a private message to them first and see if they might retract or modify or clarify their original post before you make a public "bash" on them, a lot of times giving people a chance to privately re-evaluate what they have written might result in a situation where tensions are lessened instead of escalated in the forum. Lastly, I'd like to say that this is my favorite bike forum and one of the reason's I like it is the variety of opinions expressed here and that includes Easy Rider's posts. Yeah, he's a little rough around the edges sometimes, but I've also noticed that when somebody is having a problem with their bike not working properly he's usually one of the first to jump in and try to help them find a solution even if it takes a lot of back and forth. Not very many people are that generous with their time and experience to help out someone they don't know and that tells me a lot about the type of person he is way beyond his sometimes "grouchy" persona. I hope he stays, I think he's much more of an asset to this site than a liability and I hope you guys can come to a reasonable understanding with him, if you can't then I think it's a loss to the site and all of the members on here.

John Burk
burkbuilds
Old 09-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #25
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
\but I will not continue to participate in a conference where the free exchange of ideas is limited by the whims of the owner.
And yet you are still posting/lurking/annoying.

GTFO.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
Dupo

Its also against federal law to remove mattress tags .... lol. Your federal law argument is retarded. No one cares on a federal level if you want to put Vance & Hines pipes on your bike, modify your air box .. or anything else. Unless they start emissions testing on motorcycles around here no one is going to care.

You went on the 'other' shadow forum which is all about modifications and pissed off an entire forum. Several pages of people telling you off because you INSULT people. Your FIRST post and you insulted everyone on that forum. Don't act so dam innocent that its "your" opinion. Your opinion is full of negativity and insults.

Refresher??

http://www.shadowriders.net/forums/show ... hp?t=13555

Code:
 easy rider
Noob

easy riders Photo Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTriEye
I am looking to get a new exhaust for my bike

Why? Do you want to take a perfectly good bike and screw it up ??
Do you REALLY want to be an obnoxious asshole?
That's what riders with loud pipes are, you know.......obnoxious assholes.
------------

I'm sorry i am one of those obnoxious assholes ..... with that comment you can go fuck yourself buddy.

And if i'm so against these bikes, why is it i keep this forum going even after not owning a GZ for almost 3 years???

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #27
Dupo

Quote:
Yes you absolutely DO. Just a few days ago you were putting down any bike smaller than a 750 as a "toy, put-put bike".......and claiming that EVERYBODY would eventually want a bigger bike.
Talk about NOT BEING HELPFUL in a GZ forum.......... :skull:
Again, you take two totally different threads/comments and twist them together to suit your argument. thread 1- i said TO ME it was a toy after a few months. thread 2- i said if u are thinking on upgrading, UPGRADE so you dont end up upgrading again in a year. Your version twists those two into something i DID NOT SAY.

Quote:
Except that you are not allowing all the information to be submitted. That's bias and censorship, plain and simple. The fact IS that most modifications to pipes and air boxes are ILLEGAL under Federal law. You can piss and moan about that all you want but you cannot change that fact.
What information.....information that you dont know anything about? You don't own one, dont have one installed and dont know shit about hyperchargers. The legality of Federal Law is a retarded argument .. nobody is going to come get you for changing out your pipes or air cleaner. Grow the fuck up and stop hiding behind "federal law" arguments .... its really childish. There are tons of bikes out there with aftermarket pipes ... i really see a round up of em going on. All those law breakers ... something should be done </sarcasm>

Quote:

As for the performance issue, I believe that the gain is not worth the time and effort......and if you want more power, you should get a bigger/more powerful bike. That OPINION doesn't match yours so you think it is alright to stiffle it.
Its not the opinion i have the problem with, its the way you deliver that opinion. Your opinion is "its CRAP". Wow, thats one of the best comments ive ever seen to help someone decide what to do. It took you all this time to actually write an opinion that has no negativity in it. You could have just commented like that in the first place and be done with it. Instead, start all this shit because you'd rather deliver that opinion in a negative, insulting manner.

Quote:
NOW......if what you are really saying is "Its MY game and if you don't like MY rules, censorship and all, they you can get out"......then stop beating around the bush and just say that so it will be clear to all.
Nope, not at all. What I'm saying is, you're an insulting :curse: who doesn't play well with those who like to spend money on fluff and modify their bikes. And no, i really don't like you. Please refer to the link i supplied from the Shadowriders forum for any further questions about why i dont like you.

:cuss: :bang: :mad: :??:

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #28
Dupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
I mean come on Dupo, you obviously like to do and promote doing mods and you obviously don't seem to hold a lot of respect for anyone's ride that isn't as powerful as your Shadow and that's okay, that's you and I like hearing what you have to say even though I don't always agree with you! Secondly, if you feel it necessary to reprimand somebody, I'd recommend that you start with a private message to them first and see if they might retract or modify or clarify their original post before you make a public "bash" on them, a lot of times giving people a chance to privately re-evaluate what they have written might result in a situation where tensions are lessened instead of escalated in the forum.
John, This is a very long on going problem from day 1. Tried to divert this problem many times to no resolution. This is not the firs time this has happened. There has been threads where things escalated because of Easy's comments. It just never ends. Please take a few minutes to read the shadowriders thread i linked. You'll see that he just cannot contain himself from insulting members of a forum. That thread on that forum was the last straw for me.

And where have i said i have little respect for those who have something smaller than my bike? I dont ever recall saying anything like that. And honestly, my shadow is not all that powerful. 55 HP ... thats all it is. Hell of a lot more than the GZ but compared to most on the market today, its peanuts. I'll get smoked by any harley out there .... but i dont really care, i like the looks. Same said for most GZ riders ... aint fast but it fits what you want/need. I've never put down anyone with a smaller bike. Closest i've come is when someone wants to upgrade ..... i give my opinion and thoughts and let them run with it. Most fears are the fear of a big bike ... because being on a GZ most bikes seem larger than life and i try to let em know, its normal to feel that way and u get used to it just like u did the gz (for first time riders). I don't down smaller bikes ... I OWNED ONE TOO!!!

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #29
dannylightning

I have no problem with easy at all, yes he was just being him slef and joking around the bout some of those comments. he did think i was out of work and had no income at the moment and thought spending money is a bad idea. in a way he was looking out for me in some aspects. but i agree cutting any one down for doing mods is not cool, i did not feel cut down, i just thought what the hell cus i knew the dark side and not bieng a nice young man was just something he was saying. he did not mean that stuff and i dont believe he means to come as being rude or offensive, some people are that way and if you get to know them you find its just their personallity and they mean nothing by it.

he just has the idea that if its not broken dont fix it. mods are unnecessary and cost money. if it works now leave it be and ride it. i kind of see things that way also. but hey if you got the cash and a mod is going to make you happy. great, go for it. like i said i dont want to deal with re jet and all that stuff. i like to keep it as stock as possible, if all i had to do was bolt that thing on and replace the air box great but im deciding against it. im fine with my bike. now if i got some other kind of beater to rebuild that would be a different story. it would be a bobber for sure. but i think easy is a descent guy that just comes off the wrong way and does not mean too.

now lets drop the whole thing and get back to normal.. my thread has been ruined..
Old 09-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #30

[quote=patrick_777]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Easy Rider":1hr08lz1
\but I will not continue to participate in a conference where the free exchange of ideas is limited by the whims of the owner.
And yet you are still posting/lurking/annoying.

GTFO.[/quote:1hr08lz1]

Not that anyone cares, as I hardly ever post and don't have much to offer knowledge wise, but I agree with burkbuilds - the administrators' reactions here have far exceeded anything Easy said. Easy, dhgeyer, Sarris and a few others have a lot of knowledge and I love learning from them, but I'm done, too. The only reason I even share it with everyone is as an example of how they're driving people away. I'll see if I can figure out how to "quit" the forum, but if the admins need to do that, then I'm formally requesting it. To Easy, dhgeyer, sarris and others, thanks for sharing your knowledge - I hope I can "see" you somewhere else in cyberspace.

Keith

Closed Thread