Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 09-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
Re: I'm back.... and with a new bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
I Love those bikes, because it is just a bigger version of the GZ, and we all love the GZ's looks, and now you have the Elusive "Power Upgrade" that everyone has been looking to put on it. :lol: .
Yup, the bike reminds me a lot of the way the GZ handles, except it is a bit bigger (which isn't a bad thing!). The seat is very, VERY reminiscent of the GZ seat and I can't wait until the Mustang seat I won on eBay gets here. That's one thing I'll miss about the Katana... other than it being slightly uncomfortable due to the forward lean, the seat was SUPER comfortable. Best stock seat I've ever sat on.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-21-2009, 08:28 AM   #12
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal

Yup, the bike reminds me a lot of the way the GZ handles, except it is a bit bigger (which isn't a bad thing!). The seat is very, VERY reminiscent of the GZ seat and I can't wait until the Mustang seat I won on eBay gets here. That's one thing I'll miss about the Katana... other than it being slightly uncomfortable due to the forward lean, the seat was SUPER comfortable. Best stock seat I've ever sat on.

Yea I rode a friend of mines Katana a few weeks back and I am like you, there is no way I could ride in that position all day every day, but it was a fun ride . I just noticed something funny, me and you and Danny all got Suzuki 800cc cruisers, that are all fairly close together in year model, but none of them are anything alike.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
dannylightning

Quote:
Quote:

Yea I rode a friend of mines Katana a few weeks back and I am like you, there is no way I could ride in that position all day every day, but it was a fun ride . I just noticed something funny, me and you and Danny all got Suzuki 800cc cruisers, that are all fairly close together in year model, but none of them are anything alike.
I saw some one else on here that had a VL800 also.. we should start a Suzuki 800 club, too bad it would be hard to meet up once a week and go riding or something like that.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #14
dannylightning

Quote:
Quote:
I Love those bikes, because it is just a bigger version of the GZ, and we all love the GZ's looks, and now you have the Elusive "Power Upgrade" that everyone has been looking to put on it. :lol: .
mine feels nothing like the gz, i would like to get a mustang seat for mine, i hear there the best seats out there for comfort. mine is comfortable but i don't need a seat as wide as a football field, plus i guess the mustang seat makes your seat height about a inch lower as well.

im gonna go on ebay right now and see if i can find one for my bike and get a idea on the price, that's crazy you got 2 of them that cheep. corbin makes a really nice looking seat for my bike called the young guns seat. i hear some folks say Corbin seats aren't really comfy.

hope you enjoy that bike, i really dig my new Suzuki.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #15
Sarris

I always liked Mustang seats. A bit police style & hard, but definately a comfy chair. I suggest either a solo or a two piece instead of the one piece pan. They have quality studs too.

The knob guy makes a rear deco knob / screw for the seat rear mount also.

:2tup:

Old 09-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #16
primal

The knob guy?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #17
Sarris

Sorry, go here http://www.x-cessories.net/

Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
primal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Nice stuff, but a little too pricey for my college student budget.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #19
alantf

Quote:

Nice stuff, but a little too pricey for my college student budget.
Chrome dome nuts would do the trick nicely (& cheaply!) :2tup:
Old 09-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #20
primal

A few more pics and a video.