Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Riding Safety & Tips > Lessons Well-Learned

Old 05-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #61
burkbuilds

Re: Shoulda kept the GZ.....sigh

As entertaining as it sometimes gets to watch you guys duke it out, I think I'd prefer to watch the fights on ESPN not here. Good to see you can all walk away from this without it escalating. Personally, I think Mrlmd1 and Easy Rider both have some really good things to say on these forums and I like their kinda "edgy" personalities and I really don't want to see them get banned or anything cause I'd like them to be around to hand out more good advice from their experiences riding and working on bikes. I'm not saying that they shouldn't argue a point, that I like! They both bring different perspectives to issues and it's good to see those sides presented, even when they get a "little" edgy, just not to the point it got to a while back where they quit talking much about the issues and started just bashing each other. Well, I'm probably gonna catch some bashing from somebody just for writing this, but I wanted to put my two cents worth in, so If I get bashed I guess I can take it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 PM   #62
Water Warrior 2

The Stebel air horn is loud no doubt about it. Wearing a helmet and hearing protection softens the "Blow" quite a bit. Cagers are too well insulated and need a real wake up sometimes. The Stebel will also change the direction of a bear cub trying to cross the road. Good thing too, cause if I'd hit him and gone down Mama Bear would get even for hurting her baby.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:02 AM   #63
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
:itsokay: I knew you wouldn't have the balls... :twisted:
Hey now ! We all have our opinions and speak out. Easy and I have agreed to disagree many times without coming to blows or bloodshed. Insults are just a bit unnecessary here, we are not children we are adults with big toys and proud of them.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #64
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

[quote=Water Warrior]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "patrick_777":1ejqgvof
:itsokay: I knew you wouldn't have the balls... :twisted:
Hey now ! We all have our opinions and speak out. Easy and I have agreed to disagree many times without coming to blows or bloodshed. Insults are just a bit unnecessary here, we are not children we are adults with big toys and proud of them.[/quote:1ejqgvof]

If you paid any attention at all, you'd know it wasn't an insult, and wasn't possibly taken that way by Easy.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #65
Water Warrior 2

I was paying attention and read something I wouldn't have the balls to put into print. Sounded just a little too crude for a family show. Maybe we should just chalk this one up to the generation gap rearing it's ugly head.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #66
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

This is a "family show"? Since when is a motorcycle forum on the Internet a "family" anything? Have you seen the Internet lately? Is there anything family-friendly left on here?

Do we need a rating on the bottom? I ask because that can be arranged pretty quickly.

Before this gets out of hand, I apologize for the "balls" remark.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:08 AM   #67
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
This is a "family show"? Since when is a motorcycle forum on the Internet a "family" anything? Have you seen the Internet lately? Is there anything family-friendly left on here?

Do we need a rating on the bottom? I ask because that can be arranged pretty quickly.

Apology accepted and a handshake included..............Internet and Family Friendly does sound like Military Intelligence but I find this great little forum one of the most friendly and polite. I would not have any fear if kids were reading here.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:50 AM   #68
dannylightning

[quote=Water Warrior]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "patrick_777":2t1okhu1

Apology accepted and a handshake included..............Internet and Family Friendly does sound like Military Intelligence but I find this great little forum one of the most friendly and polite. I would not have any fear if kids were reading here.[/quote:2t1okhu1]

kids have dirty filthy mouths by the age of 8 these days, by the age or 12 or 13 there doing things kids that age should never do.. it's too late to protect the kiddy's.. they learn all the bad and nasty stuff at school from their friends and this site is like the pope compared to most of the disgusting crap on the net that is only a push of a button away.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #69
Easy Rider

Quote:
We have an "understanding". Others apparently don't understand. Their loss.

Kiss, kiss !! :neener:
Old 05-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #70
patrick_777

I only apologized to WW. You still don't have the balls.