Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Other Models/Manufacturers

Old 05-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
derbydave

Suzuki Intruder 250

Why can't we get 250's like the one below Australia gets. This Suzuki Intruder 250 looks pretty nice. I guess we Americans feel the need to have everything in excess including engine displacement.

http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/...50lc/features?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

I can't get the link to open. Give us some hints about the bike. 250 single, a V-twin LC 250 or some other type to drool over.

Is this a recent model?
Old 05-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #3
blaine

Link opens for me......
The pulsing rhythm of a thumping V-twin. It's the sound of performance and no 250 plays it like this Intruder.
An escapist with performance hunger, this cruiser's three-valve-per-cylinder V-twin, with advanced gearshift technology, delivers the grunt every rider thrives on.
Big and long, its menace comes from a sweeping chrome-plated muffler, deep flared fenders and a fat teardrop fuel tank.
A long wheelbase and deep-seated style complete a cruiser that screams presence and performance. This is the Intruder 250.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VL250K7_YU8_2.jpg (80.3 KB, 5 views)

Old 05-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #4
derbydave

I would take a 250 that sounded like this

Last edited by derbydave; 05-03-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

I was thinking of that model.

As to why North America doesn't get it is simple in my estimation. It would be too expensive compared to other bikes in the 250 range.

It does look great and likely is a hoot to ride but the price point and maintenance costs would be greater than a single cylinder GZ with less moving parts, ease of access for servicing and likely a bit less weight overall.

The links also brought up loud pipes. Two loud pipes out back are not going to save lives. All they do is annoy your neighbors and lead to hearing loss over time for any rider.

Having ridden a Yamaha 250 V-twin with loud pipes on the highway was great fun for 10 minutes but really irritating after a while.

As to why Suzuki even builds the 250 V-twin is a mystery to me with all the other small bore bikes they have. They already have small cruisers to sell. Also bikes like the GW250 are much cheaper and very popular. A friend of mine has a riding school and his primary bikes are GW250 bikes. I plan on a refresher course this year with him so I will get to ride a GW. Having ridden only 1800 kms last year and none for 3 years prior I do need a tune up of my skills.