Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Forum News & Support

Old 12-06-2008, 09:25 AM   #11
music man

Re: message

I vote just from the information that Patrick and Dupo are giving (and by reading the apology letter he sent to Dupo) to give the guy another chance, it sounds like he just wasn't aware what he was doing was spamming or offensive and now he does.

He just made a :oops:, I don't think that anyone on here (myself included) hasn't posted something at least once in the wrong place.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
I vote just from the information that Patrick and Dupo are giving (and by reading the apology letter he sent to Dupo) to give the guy another chance, it sounds like he just wasn't aware what he was doing was spamming or offensive and now he does.
I agree BUT......how dense can one be ??
Joining and contributing to an online forum and THEN making your first presence known with a "mass" email ??

Forgivable if he/she is a rookie at this but how to know? Time will tell, I guess.

AND NOW so the whole thread won't be a complete waste, spec's for the TU are now posted (have been for a while, I guess) http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/GZ ... fault.aspx
and I think the link to the new Yahoo group should be posted here so each user can make up his own mind. Anybody still have it ??
Old 12-06-2008, 05:30 PM   #13
zoned10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
So what's the link to that other forum for those who may be interested?
First, my apologies to everyone for being a bit overzealous with the TU250 info. The forum that is accumulating a collection of info about the nifty new bike is http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Suzuki_TU250

Old 12-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #14
mrlmd1

This group started in Nov 2008, currently has 11 members according to their site, and the info they are accumulating has to be only what has been released from Suzuki, which we already know, or conjecture (also known as mental masturbation), as the bike won't appear in the US 'till March '09. There is no personal experience with it and no one has actually seen one over here, not even a dealer.

As one of its members wrote on their forum in mid Nov,
"Until the TU250 actually appears in showrooms, I see no point in
advertising this forum around the internet. As is now, it is just a
place to talk about Unobtanium domestic Japanese bikes, the
transmission in your truck, your new .22, Doctor Mike's ugly
motorcycle, your dog, or whatever. Feel free to invite anyone you know
who might enjoy the open chaos. The website front page photo will
change frequently."

Our forum serves a useful purpose in getting sound advice re: maintaining, upgrading, troubleshooting, riding our bikes, etc., from passing on the experience from one member to another who has and uses one of these things. Their forum right now serves no purpose other than the mental masturbation and anticipation in seeing one of these new bikes. It's useful to start a dialog or inform interested parties that this is on the horizon, but that's it, like the one or two pages we had on here a month ago and then it ended. Pending the arrival of the new bike and gaining experience with it, an active forum will probably arise from enthusiasts and critics as well. So we'll wait and see, those who are interested, in what develops.

Meanwhile, welcome on here, zoned10x, stick around for a while, maybe you'll learn something.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:05 PM   #15
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

That wasn't just one of the members that said that. It was zoned10x himself.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:18 PM   #16
zoned10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
....Meanwhile, welcome on here, zoned10x, stick around for a while, maybe you'll learn something.
Thanks for the welcome 'mrlmd1'. I've been riding and working on bikes since the 60s, and have had a different machine almost every year. Many were Suzukis, the last three were LS650 Savages and an S40. I tend to be a small bore enthusiast, though. I hope to learn more about the GZ, and maybe offer something back to those new to the game. The TU250 forum will obviously expand as information becomes available.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #17
alanmcorcoran

Zoned,

Lots of mental masturbation on here too. (100% of my posts fer example.) I'm no fan of spam either and, if you know the onslaught we get from the faux dick enhancers, lonely chicks with dicks and all other dick/e-mail related enterprises, you'd understand some of the vitriol sent in your direction. Looked like an honest mistake to me, just someone trying to drum up membership, an activity I've engaged in myself (along with the aforementioned MM.)

Post something on the "Turn your 250 into a 350, 207, 202, magic carpet ride" thread, if you really want to make some friends.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:00 PM   #18
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Post something on the "Turn your 250 into a 350, 207, 202, magic carpet ride" thread, if you really want to make some friends.
Oh, stop that Alan. That's just mean. :skull:
Old 12-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #19
zoned10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
...Post something on the "Turn your 250 into a 350.....
Be a hero.

http://tinyurl.com/5wfhhy
Old 12-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #20
alanmcorcoran

Good one zoned...

From the copy...

Quote:
"Adding a NX Nitrous system to your Power Sport machine is a job best handled by a professional mechanic with nitrous oxide installation experience, Nitrous Express Inc. urges you to seek professional help on all installation procedures."
If anybody is interested, I happen to have some nitrous oxide installation experience, but mostly into the human body. Didn't know motorcycles were into the stuff, too.