Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Forum News & Support

Old 03-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
alanmcorcoran

Posting from iphone

Hey Patrick...

This comes under the category of Things That You Don't Really Want To Evaluate From A Logical Perspective but... How about an iPhone app? It has occurred to me that I might be the only member with such a candy assed device, but given this tag-o-rama game, it would be handy for posting a tag/new tag right from where the new tag is sighted/situated. I can actually get on GZ250bike.com and login and post from the browser on iphone, but the picture posting thingie doesn't work. At least i think it doesn't (the Choose File) thing is greyed out. Maybe I was just looking at it wrong.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: Posting from iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
At least i think it doesn't (the Choose File) thing is greyed out. Maybe I was just looking at it wrong.
Maybe. There IS some shading on those boxes. Try selecting it anyway.
Then again, maybe the I-browser isn't totally compatible.

Another wild idea: maybe the I-browser "knows" that you don't have any pic's stored on the phone to find ???? (Do you ??)
Old 03-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
JWR

Smugmug and a few other picture hosting sites are iphone friendly.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."

Old 03-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Not having an iPhone, it might be difficult for me to really work out. Are you able to actually attach files using the message board itself instead of using the Postimage.org site?

I'll look around for a solution.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

Postimage probably won't work because its a java script pop up. Phones cant handle those ............ yet.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 03-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
alanmcorcoran

Patrick,

I had about 100 pictures on the iphone but I think the browser app has to be able to recognize it's on an iphone (or be written in java or the iphone equivalent.)

The "Choose File" is grey and despite repeated pokings, doesn't do anything, The "browse for files" link doesn't display and the "Many images" option requires Flash which, I don't think the iphone supports. It's not that big a deal - unless a lot of other folks have an iphone. It just makes me a little less competitive in the game (and less likely to head out to some godforsaken area only to have someone else post the tag before I can return home, transfer the iphone photo to my PC etc.)

I could probably load the photo to photobucket and then link to that?

If you wrote an iphone app that interface with this forum software and sold it for three or four bucks, you might make a few hundred a month, assuming there are a lot of other instances that use this flavor of forumware. The guy that wrote "Car Locator" is making about $13,000 a month.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

I know Photobucket and Flickr have an email feature, and I'm pretty sure photobucket will autoformat to a phpbb post format.

When I asked about attaching a file to a post, I was talking about the native board attach farther underneath the "Post a picture" link. It's under a section called "Upload Attachment"...

Is this what you were referring to in your last post?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
blaine

As I use a BLACKBERRY for all my posting,I had to find a computer to upload a photo.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
patrick_777

Indeed, after just checking the site on my Blackberry, I am unable to open a browse window on either location. Javascript FTL.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #10
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
When I asked about attaching a file to a post, I was talking about the native board attach farther underneath the "Post a picture" link. It's under a section called "Upload Attachment"...

Is this what you were referring to in your last post?
No, I forgot about that one - I got used to the Big Lettered one I guess. I checked that one now as well and the "Choose File" is greyed out. HOWEVER... I got prompted (from who knows where) that GZ250Bike.com is an iphone Native site (if I buy tapatalk for...$2.99!) I'll buy it and let you know if it works. Seems like some one else already had my idea... maybe.