Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 08-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

WTB: Grips & throttle tube

If any of you guys have replaced your factory grips/throttle tube with an aftermarket one, I would like your old stuff.

I obviously want ones that have not been cut off with a razor blade.
If you still these sitting on the shelf in your garage, I'd like to take them off your hands.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
Black Warrior

Re: WTB: Grips & throttle tube

I do have grips (rubber ones, right?) How much r you willing to pay delivered... However I do not know what's even an approximate cost of a shipping from my place ( you can estimate it yourself, they are shipped from London, Ontario, Canada)
Old 08-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Warrior
I do have grips (rubber ones, right?) How much r you willing to pay delivered... However I do not know what's even an approximate cost of a shipping from my place ( you can estimate it yourself, they are shipped from London, Ontario, Canada)
Take your old grips for a ride to the Post Office in a small box or bubble pack. Ask how muck. Take a Valium first, you may need it.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Yeah, you Canadian guys always seem to have what everyone wants, but shipping adds $400 to the cost...

It's a shame, really. You have cooler bikes up there too, which we can't have.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

We do tend to get a few bikes not sold in the U.S. but in general we really pay big time for anything on 2, 3 or 4 wheels. When I bought the Gel seat for my Vstrom it was $160 in the U.S. or $344 in the GWN. I bought here so I would have a dealer to fall back on if anything went bad. Shipping and returning things across the border is close to financial suicide. Now I just have stuff shipped to a delivery store on the South side of the border and go get it.
Buying tires here is costly as all get out. I get 2 for the price of 1, plus a nice drive, a tank of cheaper gas, lunch and still save money over the price here.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Yeah, I was talking to some Suzuki Swift guys up in Canada and they were saying even for oil changes they pay an arm and a leg.... like $100 to do an oil change. If that was the case, I would just never do any maintenance
Old 08-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
Yeah, I was talking to some Suzuki Swift guys up in Canada and they were saying even for oil changes they pay an arm and a leg.... like $100 to do an oil change. If that was the case, I would just never do any maintenance
That is just retarded. You buy an eco box to save money not throw it away. Sadly some of the auto designers have never thought about ease of maintenance and the cost is in labor for servicing. On the other hand if you go to a drive through oil change shop there is a fine chance of something else being needed besides oil and filter.
I just go to the local one man band shop in town and chat with him as he services my Ranger. Just like the old days.