Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #11
deadman13

Send a message via AIM to deadman13 Send a message via Yahoo to deadman13
Re: 48 States in search of Home

Well, to be quiet blunt Chris its the people like you that im trying to distance myself from. I was taught that there was good in everyone, and that anything can be done if the will and want was there. How can you, someone whom has never talked to me, met me, seen me etc say ill end up doing drugs, prostitution, robbing, begging etc? Sounds to me like you've had a worse time than me. Id almot say you need this trip more than I do.

Oh, and regarding the name, I used to own a custom hearse called Deadline, so I got the name from that, not because I some jackass on a harley that can't ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Chris, I doubt his choice is going to affect you much. And I seriously doubt your opinion is going to change anything with regards to him.

Can you not just wish the man luck?

Good luck, deadman. I hope it works out for you.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #13
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman13
Well, to be quiet blunt Chris its the people like you that im trying to distance myself from.

I was taught that there was good in everyone, and that anything can be done if the will and want was there.
Whoa! That sure took a wrong turn. TIME OUT!

Here's the deal: Us old farts have done and seen a lot. In the process, we have learned some stuff that we were not "taught" in our early years. Alas, life teaches us that the above two things that you were "taught" just aren't true for most people. The truth is that some people are just pure evil and there are even more that might be basically good but just don't care.
The second truth is that, as a practical matter, there are lots of things that you just can't do......without a LOT of good luck.

So, I don't think Cris was really meaning to shoot down your dream or critisize your plan; just trying to inject some cold, hard reality into the discussion. Another tendency of old folks is to not beat around the bush and to be a little blunt; not always the best way to get an idea across. :whistle:

Good luck whatever you end up doing. There is a continuing thread here:
http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/forum/
about a guy and his dog in a side-car, travelling the US that you might find interesting and/or useful. Actually, there are lots of "road trip" stories there: The Long Road - Adventure Touring

Old 12-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #14
caroledee1

I wish you luck and safety on your adventure. May God be with you. I personally would save up for such a trip, but that's just me. There is a man from Montana who has traveled by horse and wagon to Massachusetts starting in August 2006.A friend of mine passed him out in New York earlier this year. He trekked back west and is wintering in Casper , WY.He is planning to go on to San Francisco when the weather warms up. Then on to Alaska in 2010. He has done so on donations and the kindness of strangers. Here is the website: http://www.leehorselogger.com/ Maybe you can pick up some tips before you head out.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #15
mrlmd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
You might check out the location map of all the members and plan your trip to hit as many of them as you can. Have everyone sign your guest book and see how many members you can meet across the US. Then they could all feel that had some part in this.
That's why I wrote the above. And AC offered a beer, some lunch, and a tank of gas. If he's going to go anyway, if he has it well thought out as to route, expense, etc., for those of us who are willing and available, at least he may be able to get a free meal or a warm bed for a night. If he writes up the trip and keeps us posted somehow, with pictures of all of us, and fills a guest/host book with as many names of us he can collect, it might be interesting to hear his travels.
By the way, look at the post I put on here under GPS and Trip Planning about the Spot Messenger www.gz250bike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1414
You might find that useful for someone to track your whereabouts if they need to know.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #16
Joho

I'll second that tank of gas + lunch. (no beer though! i'm not quite of legal age)

I see you're in Charleston, headed to FL? I'm up here at USC in Columbia. Your easiest way down to FL is via I-95 - a road that I am VERY familiar with all the way down to Ft Lauderdale. If you take 77 up to 95 (which would seem most logical), I would gladly meet up with you anywhere within 75 miles of Columbia for a bite to eat.

It would be an absolute pleasure to fill your tank and buy you a nice meal. I envy your ambition, and I wish you all the luck.

I will PM you with contact information!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #17
music man

Hey if you guys are all just having so much pleasure giving your money away, then you could hook me up with a few tanks of gas a month and about 300 dollars worth of groceries cause that would make my quest for a Happy home a whole lot easier too. :lol: :poked:
Old 12-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #18
alanmcorcoran

It's never enough music man. Once you had the gas and groceries, you'd feel life was only worth living if you had DirecTV with all the Hi-Def channels, then you'd need a sweet new XBox console to keep you in the game, and eventually, it all leads to...

...I gotta get a bigger bike!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #19
Chris

OK, Deadman, this is an official "good luck". I certainly do not want anything bad to happen to you.

Your posts are full of misspellings. Nothing to do with motorcycles, of course, but it shows a lot more of who you are. Let me guess: no high school degree or barely graduated???
Trying to get away from guys like me? I'm OK with that and don't mind you saying it. So you are an unemployed guy on a motorcycle with no money, and no plans who plans to travel the 48 states living on the goodness of strangers?? And you don't want to be near me?? Oh, darn.
Us older guys have simply seen a lot and we know how easy it is to take a wrong road.
I sure would like to talk to you in five years to see how it worked out. I'd bet a C note it will be a diaster or end soon somehow. You'll quit, get in trouble, or worse. I don't wish these on you, just guessing the future.

Chris, retired guy in Atlanta
Old 12-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #20
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Your posts are full of misspellings. Nothing to do with motorcycles, of course, but it shows a lot more of who you are. Let me guess: no high school degree or barely graduated???
That's one hell of a low blow there, and that was completely uncalled for. Judging someone by their "net speak" shows us all just the kind of person you are. At this point you're just trying to stir the pot. You talk a lot about his "obvious" immaturity, while you don't do a whole hell of a lot to show that you are any different. You have absolutely NO right to criticize anyone as far as I am concerned.

It's easy to give advice without demeaning someone. Unfortunately, it appears as if you haven't learned (or have chosen to ignore) this skill.