Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Beginners

Old 06-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #61
Water Warrior 2

Re: I need to learn how to wave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentheman
I have seen some of those 3 wheeled vehicles (2 wheels on front 1 on back, I don't know what they are called), and they never wave. Are they in some class of their own?
From what I have read some of the 3 wheelers can be a real handful to steer. They are bigger and heavier so you need more muscle and a different riding style. The ones from Europe that can actually lean the 2 front wheels are more like a bike when riding but don't ever damage the front end. Very complex and no doubt costly.
As for ignoring you, some do some don't.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #62
dwh367

The left boot lifted off the peg is also acceptable if one's hands are busy at the time.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #63
greatmaul

I guess I shouldn't whine but it seems like now that the weather is nice, the people riding don't wave anymore. During the winter, 4/5 people on bikes waved back. On today's ride to work I was 0/7.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #64
5th_bike

Quote:
I have seen some of those 3 wheeled vehicles (2 wheels on front 1 on back, I don't know what they are called), and they never wave. Are they in some class of their own?
They're called Can-Am Spyder. Specially made for people who are too scared to go on two wheels. They don't wave because they're too scared to let go of the handlebars, and because they are in a class of their own.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #65
Water Warrior 2

Spent some time lurking on a Spyder Forum in the past. A lot of riders are disabled or otherwise bent out of shape that won't allow riding a regular 2 wheeler. The upper model even has a power assist on the steering for less robust souls. If memory serves me correctly there is an auto or semi-auto tranny available.
Overall they are probably cheaper than a bike and a trike kit, maybe.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:44 AM   #66
PimpS

I notice too, hot season is here and less empathy among fellow riders results in less waving to each other. It's a strange feeling when you don't get the wave back, but great when you get it. I'm sorry for all the waves i haven't replied, mainly cause of fear, when in the middle of a curve...
Old 07-04-2012, 10:41 AM   #67
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpS
I notice too, hot season is here and less empathy among fellow riders results in less waving to each other. It's a strange feeling when you don't get the wave back, but great when you get it. I'm sorry for all the waves i haven't replied, mainly cause of fear, when in the middle of a curve...
Never be sorry about being safe. Other riders understand.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #68
dentheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_bike
Quote:
They're called Can-Am Spyder. Specially made for people who are too scared to go on two wheels. They don't wave because they're too scared to let go of the handlebars, and because they are in a class of their own.
I know about the Can Am Spyders, but I thought there was a generic name for that design since at least one other manufacturer that I am aware of makes them.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:32 AM   #69
alantf

Saw one a coupla weeks back, parked on the harbour car park in Puerto de la Cruz. Not sure I'd like one, but a great looking machine. Can't remember the make, but I'm sure it was one of the famous car manufacturers.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #70
Water Warrior 2

Piaggio makes the 2 wheeled front end scooter that leans and handles like a bike. A bit complex but it works well. My personal preference would be a Piaggio over a Can-Am. It will steer like a bike rather than a trike with it's unyielding bulk and weight. The Paggio can be parked almost anywhere. The Can-Am requires as much room as a small car.