Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 12-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #51
beemerchef

Re: 48 States in search of Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman13
Holy hell, I've been reading about you and your trip! Your website is one of the things that has helped keep me on track. If it wasn't for promises I made I would have already B-lined it down there to the circle!

Wow. Its amazing to talk to you. No, I haven't been able to get a tent as of yet, that was a big concern of mine. Id like to talk to you more, out of the public eye if possible. Thanks so much for getting ahold of me!
You can e mail me (add on Blog's front page). There is also a phone here I can call or vice versa. I have cheap minutes! Winter is tough... don't fool yourself. It can be miserable, reason we are here and still below freezing at times in the night.
We can talk, be happy to help... Spirit would be too! There are no coincidences... just good Karma and smiles!
Be well... Ara & Spirit

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-12-2008, 09:43 PM   #52
Easy Rider

Quote:
Holy hell, I've been reading about you and your trip!
That's the guy I mentioned a few posts back.
Great guy.
Great bike.
Great story.
Dog is kinda ugly though !! :biggrin:
Old 12-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #53
beemerchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
Holy hell, I've been reading about you and your trip!
That's the guy I mentioned a few posts back.
Great guy.
Great bike.
Great story.
Dog is kinda ugly though !! :biggrin:
Me... UGLY???

OK... here is my softer side...

So I read all the posts...
"Deadman", there really is so much to know for being on the road. Truly. My first idea for you would be to change your "handle" specially if it will also show it on your Blog... If you are and will be seeking other's help, in these hard economical times where I am sure everyone would prefer to pay their mortgage than pay out to a traveler that calls himself "deadman"... kind of rings like a "dead end". I am not trying to be harsh, someone else already has done that, at the same time he has not been too far off "reality". There is a difference in maturity between beng 25 and 55... I am 60!
Your only savior is going to be to "work". You want to be on the road for 10 years? do it... I just met a traveler here in Big Bend, Texas, from Chicago. He is 20! Rode down, he is already working 5 days a week as a server. He will do the season, and take off... he still has two days a week to enjoy the area comfortably as his rent is only $2 a night. Try finding resort work... they will lodge you and feed you. You have a Culinary degree... I do to... has been 40 years... Master Chef, Paris and Switzerland, the best school in the World, catered for the billionaires for years... I was also offered a job, actually many jobs throughout these past 24 months... at... $9 an hour!!!... once $10... but I GOT FIRED after 2 days because I could not keep my mouth shut toward a manager that only had one year experience...
NOTHING is served on a silver plater... not even a paper plate for free! Either a Blog... Photography... work... you will have to earn it. The occasional contributions will not get you going.
E mail me for more ideas...
Don't be bummed, to the contrary I think you should do it... but do it right. Will, the young man frm Chicago has my respect, he earned it. Stay on that path and you will discover that the road can be the greatest schooling there is, inward and outward.
Be well... Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com

Old 12-12-2008, 11:03 PM   #54
deadman13

Send a message via AIM to deadman13 Send a message via Yahoo to deadman13

I thank you for your encouragement! The name, well thats just something I go by here and there, a remnant of my "glory" days customizing cars and winning shows. Most everyone calls me Brooks. I hope that I can meet up with you before you get too far away. Just to have a night to talk would actually mean a lot.

I havent worked for a restraunt for a few years, altho I have been a Magician that has worked some of the nice places here and in Indiana, lol.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #55
beemerchef

Quote:
I thank you for your encouragement! The name, well thats just something I go by here and there, a remnant of my "glory" days customizing cars and winning shows. Most everyone calls me Brooks. I hope that I can meet up with you before you get too far away. Just to have a night to talk would actually mean a lot.

I havent worked for a restraunt for a few years, altho I have been a Magician that has worked some of the nice places here and in Indiana, lol.
Got your e mail. Magician!... As you travel slow to take it all in, place an inexpensive add in the local paper as a Magician for kids parties, birthdays... don't charge much, create a path, a name, a reputation... before you know it the newspapers and TV channels will want to interview this "crazy motorcycle traveling Magician"... Do it for free (tips!!!) at Fairs... Art Shows (get a city permit first!). Print some "Leisure Cards"... pas them up... A great diversion from these economical times we are going through!!!
Hey, a few years back I saw this guy ridng a Harley and cooking the most basic dishes, I think he has a book now called "cooking with fire", I mean stuff one could do their eyes closed, and he end up on Jay Leno!!! Go figure...
Motorcycle + Magic + Blog... Hit some motorcycle Rallies... there is one every day in the summer!!! If just one $ everyone gives you!
Anyhow... will reply soon...
Ara & Spirit

Be well... Ara & Spirit

Old 12-13-2008, 07:32 AM   #56
deadman13

Send a message via AIM to deadman13 Send a message via Yahoo to deadman13

Yeah, I got into magic after seeing a good act when I was a kid. Can't remeber his name, but he was cross-eyed with a hair lip. Hed take off his hat, pull a rabbit out of his arse and yell "PESTO!!!"

Sorry...
Old 12-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #57
alantf

There's a programme on English T.V. called "The Hairy Bikers". Two scruffy, bearded, "Geordies" (That means folk from the North of England, who live near the river Tyne, around Newcastle, & have a funny accent) have travelled all over the world on a couple of Beemer trail bikes. Everywhere from Mexico to India, China, Africa etc. tasting the native food, then cooking it themselves over primitive stoves. The show is a big hit in England. I believe there are a lot of local T.V. stations in America, so perhaps one of them might be interested in the cooking of the different areas of America. These two ordinary, if eccentric, Englishmen seem to have done o.k. out of it.

Oh, and by the way, Good luck in whichever path you decide to take!
Old 12-13-2008, 10:54 AM   #58
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerchef
Me... UGLY???

:lol: :crackup :haha2:

Perfect!

If you get to central Illinois, I always have a bag of dog treats in the garage !!!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #59
Water Warrior 2

Beemerchef.....sounds like you live an interesting life. Like your navigator and best bud. Nice to see you protect his eyes and ears on the road, many folks don't realize dogs suffer from ear and eye problems from hangin in the wind. Happy trails and don't be a stranger here.