Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 01-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
Gadzooks Mike

Beautiful Alabama

Last Saturday I took a 200 mile trip around east-central Alabama. Starting near Auburn, headed north on 431 for about 75 miles. Turned SW on highway 9 and followed that down until I got to 63. 63 goes through some very scenic areas around Lake Martin, so I followed that down to 50 and then some county roads back to Auburn.

I highly recommend highways 9 and 63 for some great riding. Country twisties on 9 and beautiful lake views on 63.

The trip will take you through many small towns, some of them pretty unique! Enjoy!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-17-2007, 05:51 AM   #2
Badbob

Sounds great. I have an aunt that lives in Alabama I should visit.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #3
Gadzooks Mike

Well, if you get up this way, yell and we'll go for a ride. I want to try that coast ride you did awhile back. Looks beautiful! What's the traffic like on that road - 98 wasn't it? Speed limit? I've gotten so I just won't go anywhere the speed limit is higher than 55.

Old 01-18-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
Badbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks Mike
Well, if you get up this way, yell and we'll go for a ride. I want to try that coast ride you did awhile back. Looks beautiful! What's the traffic like on that road - 98 wasn't it? Speed limit? I've gotten so I just won't go anywhere the speed limit is higher than 55.
The ride down the coast is about 35-45 mph in most areas with a few places where it gets up to 55. If you stick to state and county roads you can stay 55 or under. Some of the US highways are 65 but the smaller less traveled ones are usually 55.

The traffic can get heavy down by the beach at times. Winter is best if your looking for low traffic but if its a long weekend and warm sunny day even then it can get heavy. I've been there when there were so many bikes you got tired of waving.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #5
CANDY

BEAUTIFUL ALABAMA

mike, next time you ride hwy 9, get onto hwy 22 back toward rockford, about 2 miles is a gravel driveway leading to a great biker friendly area. it is called indian hills. they are great people,good food,good drinks,motorcycles only ,with overnight camping or cabin rentals.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #6
CANDY

BEAUTIFUL ALABAMA

is anyone riding in the alabama state troopers memorial ride this saturday ? we are supposed to meet the groups from opelika and i think anniston ? at indian hills in rockford.