Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
mrlmd1

Re: Backpack Recommendations??

Check out the links I posted and see that discussion and some of the recommendations. Not endorsing them, but a lot of people use them and they seem to work well for their intended purpose.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #12
SuziQ07

I sincerely appreciate all your thoughts and input. Before I actually purchase a backpack I decided to try wearing my old L.L. Bean backpack and see how it feels...if it pulls me down or feels funny etc. I'm a teacher so I need some sort of bag to bring all my papers home to grade! :roll:
Old 05-02-2010, 03:08 AM   #13
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ07
I sincerely appreciate all your thoughts and input. Before I actually purchase a backpack I decided to try wearing my old L.L. Bean backpack and see how it feels...if it pulls me down or feels funny etc. I'm a teacher so I need some sort of bag to bring all my papers home to grade! :roll:
I can't vouch for other brands/models but my saddlebags unzip and you can carry them around if you want. So you get to school, unzip the bag and carry it in.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole2
Quote:
I can't vouch for other brands/models but my saddlebags unzip and you can carry them around if you want. So you get to school, unzip the bag and carry it in.

There are actually a lot of bags that come off easily and have carry handles that are comfortable.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:33 AM   #15
alantf

Quote:
I'm a teacher so I need some sort of bag to bring all my papers home
Why? Can't you find a dumpster closer to school? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old 05-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #16
BillInGA

Quote:
I've been using a Cortech Sport tail bag since I bought my GZ250 4 years ago. I soon realized that the (Suzuki?) saddle bags were woefully inadequate. The tail bag bungees on securely and has little pockets for the hooks when you take in off the bike. Plenty of room for paper, work appropriate shoes, lunch, etc. I carries like a briefcase and even comes with a handy shoulder strap (I've never used it, though).

Cortech Sport Tail Bag
Old 05-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #17
SuziQ07

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillInGA
Quote:
I've been using a Cortech Sport tail bag since I bought my GZ250 4 years ago. I soon realized that the (Suzuki?) saddle bags were woefully inadequate. The tail bag bungees on securely and has little pockets for the hooks when you take in off the bike. Plenty of room for paper, work appropriate shoes, lunch, etc. I carries like a briefcase and even comes with a handy shoulder strap (I've never used it, though).

Cortech Sport Tail Bag
Oh yeah, I saw the pictures of your bike and the Cortech bag you're using. I'm thinking that might work well for me...I bookmarked the page on the newenough website. You don't worry about the bungees coming loose? I've heard that regular old bungee cords can lose their elasticity and snap while you're riding...not sure if this is a safety concern or not? My dad saw a guy on a bike once who had a jacket tied down to the back of his bike and a sleeve came loose and got caught up in the wheel! :shocked:
Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 AM   #18
Water Warrior 2

Just buy good quality bungees and take care when strapping down a bag. Bungees are also cheap and easy to replace when they get to feeling weak and insecure. You can also get bags when tiedowns that have actual snaps or buckles. An anchor strap is on the bike and ready to have the bag attached within seconds. Nelson Rigg makes then and I am sure Cortech does too. This makes for a very safe secure and convenient system.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #19
BillInGA

When I first bought the tail bag the bungees felt not quite tight enough for my liking. I just tied and extra stopper knot in the end of the bungee cord after it passed through the hook.

I'll post a pic later today.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #20
mrlmd1

Don't give up the backpack idea completely.
You will have to lock your helmet to the bike when you leave if you use a tail bag or saddlebags - you know where the D-ring lock is underneath the seat, right?
Or, more secure, if you get a full face helmet, you can lock it on with a short cable lock or a gun trigger lock like I previously posted on here.