Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 06-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
GZ Jess

Anyone use this Windshield?

This windshield is really cheap and okay looking. Has anyone used the Slipstreamer Tombstone hd-3 windshield (they have it in clear too)? http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products ... hield-tint

It says that it fits the GZ250 and is quick release which is what I would prefer. Any thoughts?

Jessica

Added: What about this one? http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products ... ield-clear

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
blaine

Re: Anyone use this Windshield?

I like the look of the"tombstone".I had the"Spitfire" the only thing I didn't like about it was it was it is hard to keep steady.It mounts only on the bars.Windshields that mount on the bars & forks are much sturdier and worth the extra money.I can't tell if the "tombstone" mounts to bars & forks or just bars.If it only mounts to bars I would look for one that mounts at four points.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Sarris

The Tombstone is not going to provide much relief from buffeting as its quite narrow. It also has hardware for 1" handlebars. The GeeZer has 7/8" bars.

The Spitfire was the first windshield I installed on my GeeZer and I thought it was a worthless cheap POS. The fork mounted police style windshield I put on mine was over $300 and works very well, but I'm assuming you won't want to spend that much.

I also would suggest either a four point handlebar mount or a fork mount for better stability.

There are also two schools of though regarding windshield height. Look over it or through it? I like to look over mine. Some folks like to look through. Make that decision first, then select. Also consider that a tight fit around the headlight helps too.

I'm sure Easy Rider has some thoughts on this issue.... so ER, what do you think?

:2tup:

Old 06-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
I'm sure Easy Rider has some thoughts on this issue.... so ER, what do you think?
I look through mine.....just barely.

I've had a Memphis Shades, Santa Cruz on my last 3 bikes but it's not for everybody as it is a BIG shield and is not "quick release".
Old 06-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
GZ Jess

Ok, so as in everything in life cheaper is not better. Thank you everyone!

Old 03-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
Joel K-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ Jess
This windshield is really cheap and okay looking. Has anyone used the Slipstreamer Tombstone hd-3 windshield (they have it in clear too)? http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products ... hield-tint

It says that it fits the GZ250 and is quick release which is what I would prefer. Any thoughts?

Jessica

Added: What about this one? http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products ... ield-clear
I just saw this post, and I have the SpitFire windshield on my Geezer. I like it a lot. It's easy to install and easy to remove. I didn't even have to look hard at the instructions ( Instructions? I don't need no stinking instructions! ) :biggrin: