Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 07-19-2014, 04:07 AM   #11
alantf

Dunno if it will work with yours, but with mine I removed the backrest and made a couple of short pieces to replace the arms, as the original backrest fitted between the mounting plate and the base plate.

b13.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b13.jpg (90.0 KB, 17 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Think of the fibreglass as crumple zones and sacrificial if something bad happens. Flesh and bones are harder to replace.
Old 08-10-2014, 03:21 AM   #13
Shammua

Well I have a pic of my baby with trunk and saddlebags on. I just don't have a very good internet connection so I am having issues uploading a picture right now. On the flip side it works grat, my daughter is more comfortable, and I can haul a Lot more than I could before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.8 KB, 51 views)

Old 08-10-2014, 01:56 PM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Looks good from here. Another success story.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:11 PM   #15
burkbuilds

Very nice Shammua, the bike looks great and I'm sure you can carry a lot more cargo now.

Old 08-13-2014, 12:29 AM   #16
Shammua

As of today it has been great, my daughter loves the extra sized backrest, and we can carry so much more now. It's also water tight, it was POURING and nothing inside got wet. I've been very happy to date. If anyone is wondering it's the Mutazu GA saddle bags and trunk.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:42 AM   #17
gz4me +

Thumbs Up

You did a nice job. The GA bags are good bags. Grandson wants to put the GA bags that are on the Yamaha 650 on his GZ. I have not decided what to do yet. I was thinking of leaving the old ones on the 650 and buying new ones for his birthday in Sept. Still need to get the GZ running before anything else. Glad to hear you and daughter are enjoying the bike.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #18
Shammua

Best thing I did was have my daughter sit on the bike and get a feel for where the bags should go. We actually did the same thi for the trunk too since it seemed to push her forward more even when the backrest was in the same basic place as the old stock rest. Also when I get home I'll explain better how we put the trunk on. It's not very elegant but it's sturdy and we used the stock luggage carrier and one of the brackets for saddle bags that it had on it before.
I'll explain later so I can attach pictures of it too.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #19
gz4me +

Thumbs Up

I would be interested in that. I have been playing with the idea of putting a trunk on one or both the bikes.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #20
Shammua

Ok so here is the only picture I seemed to have taken of the bracket and how I did the trunk before I mounted it. So what I did was the screw holes bracket (hope that makes sense) is set under the luggage rack and the rest of the bracket is on top. Once I used the ring thingies (don't remember what they are actually called) it was so solid I was able to fully stand the bike up off the kick stand and shake it around without any movement of the bracket. So after that I was able to mount the trunk to the provided mount as it said in the directions. All in all it was really easy.
Lesson learned is to make sure you check the setup of the trunk AND saddle bags when mounting it or you may miss align and not be able to open the saddlebags. Thank god my remedy was simply to move the saddlebags one screw hole lower on the brackets they provided.

Next step now is to mount the power point and iPhone holder. After that the daughter has asked for a cup holder on the rear and also I'm considering getting the Butty Buddy to make it more comfortable for her as well. After that I'm looking at a fairing, lol once I'm done it's going to look like it weighs a ton but actually it will in the end only weigh an extra 10-15 pounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.1 KB, 30 views)