Rear Seat 20.00
Rear Fender 40.00
Tank no valve or cap with no dents has about 2 very small rock chips 120.00
rear strut covers 25.00 pair
front wheel with tire good tred 99.00
metal sub fender 20.00
rear pegs 9.00
air box 15.00
rectifier/regulator 30.00 (spare part - untested)
wireing harness with fuse box and relay 60.00
ignition coil 40.00
horn 5.00
CDI Ignitor 80.00
rear swing arm 35.00
kick stand with spring 10.00
Stator Coil 100.00
brake light switch with spring 10.00

This is an updated list of parts still available (7/30/09)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
music man

How Much for the whole bike and where do you live?
Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
version

Send a message via AIM to version
I've got about $1500 in the bike but i'm trying to get at the least $1200 its located in montgomery alabama

Old 08-04-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
music man

Mine is the same year, same color, oddly enough has a scratch almost identical to the one on the front fender, even the same side of the front fender.

When you say it is not running right, can you give me the low down on that, like what exactly is it doing or should I say not doing. I am very interested just trying to get a feel for what is going on with it.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
version

a few weeks back it was running fine. and then one day i noticed it starting to stall alittle bit and 2 days later i tried to start it back up and it didnt. i decided to check the spark plug and it was about 1/8in unscrewed so i went ahead and changed it and it still wouldnt start i eventually got it push started and it still will push start just have to hold it WOT and push it halway around my yard it will somewhat run if you hold the throttle open and as soon as u let off it will start to die and if u try to give it more gas it acts unresponcive and just die.
there has been a little bit of oil leaking out of the top of the engine around the gaskets i've gotten tired of trying to push start it and like i said i have no title so i really dont want to put any more money into this bike just cut my losses and get another one. i did lie this bike when it was running right but i am also needing something a little bigger

Old 08-04-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
music man

Thats what I needed to know. I will give it some thought. You probably already have figured this out but I will give you a heads up just in case, (I know I have a hard time learning my lesson sometimes) Don't ever give anybody money for something if they don't have the title in hand, for all you know it is stolen if the person doesn't have the paperwork to prove it belongs to them. That being said, you might have to be patient and get your money one piece at a time with the whole parting out thing, because not many people are probably going to give you anywhere near that much for a bike with no title and no hope of getting one from the owner.

Also it sounds like you may have blown the head gasket or the bolts need to be torqued down really can't say without seeing or hearing for myself, but that would be a cheap thing to try to fix, if that is what it is.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
version

yeah i know about the title thing this guy had ehe title in hand that was signed over to him but he never transfered it. he was supposed to transfer it and then get it to me but looks like hes dragging his feet on it
Old 08-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #8
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by version
yeah i know about the title thing ........
Well he did NOT have his title in hand, it was somebody ELSE's title he had.
The point being that he should not have gotten your money until he had a CLEAR title to give you along with the bike.

At this point, jack him up. Call the Secretary of State's office.......or who ever runs the License/Registration operation in your state. Find out what you should do to twist his tail. You might be able to sell the whole bike for a reasonable price IF you have the title. Parting it out would be a HUGE pain in the butt.

You made one serioius mistake already. Don't make another serious mistake by letting the guy off the hook. If you do, you WILL be sorry.

Have you considered taking it to a shop for an estimate? It looks to be in fair shape. It would be a shame if you unloaded it only to find out that it could be fixed for ~ $100 or so.

Consider your options carefully.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #9
music man

And to further Easy's and my point it could still be stolen for all you know, the person that really owned it could have been stupid and left the title under the seat with his registration (you'd be surprised how many people have the title to their car in the glove compartment) and he just signed his and (this other persons name) to the title for show. You have to think about all the possibility's when someone won't give up the title to something when you buy it. Not only that, he could come get that bike from you right now without you being able to stop him. He has the proper proof of ownership (if it is legally his) and you don't.

I sort of ran into this when I got mine, the guy I bought it from tried to get a bigger tax break on his new bike by claiming that I paid more for mine than I did, of course when they saw the discrepancy between what I said I paid and what he said, they had a problem. Long story short they called me, I called him a Liar, and said I have the title with the amount on it, what does he have besides what he "claims" I paid. I won the argument because I had the proper proof of payment and ownership, so does the guy you bought the bike from.

And also like me and Easy said I would do a little more investigating into the problem with it before I wrote the bike off for dead. I don't know if I would put anymore actual money in it (as in parts) until the title problem was cleared up but you could at least pay someone to look into it for you.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
He could also go transfer the title over to himself, wait to get the new title with his name on it in the mail, and report it stolen. Then you'd be up a creek. I'd try turning his crank a bit, including going WITH him to the Tag Agency and explaining the situation to them in front of a Notary Public.