Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
jamezgreen

Parting out my 2002 GZ250! - SOLD SORRY, IT'S GONE

It's go time. Finally decided to make use of my 2002 GZ250 22k miles, that I just don't have time to ride anymore. It runs great, carburator could use a servicing but feel free to make me an offer on anything and everything! Great tires, clean body, chrome, etc. Shipping will be FedEX Ground and I'll keep everything at a fair competetive price.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
music man

Re: Parting out my 2002 GZ250!

O.K. I will bite, why are you parting it out, it looks like a good solid bike, and you say it runs good, so why would you tear it down?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
jamezgreen

Excellent question. I bought the bike about 2 years ago for around $1300. I've had to do a lot of service work, exhaust, battery, electrical, body panels, handlebars, fuses, lights... it actually still has an electrical issue of some kind, the electric start doesn't work. Guess in short, I don't have the time and/or money it needs. And I could use the money! I've been trying to sell it for awhile with no luck that's why I'm trying the part-out option.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #4
rbrown620

How much for the front chrome chain cover and bolts?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
ncff07

I'll take both rear view mirrors is the price is right and there in good condition.

On another note I noticed in the pics on the bike and as well as on pretty much every other GZ pic ive seen, theres a strap that runs across the front of the passenger seat, whats that for? mine does not have it and didnt when i got it.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #6
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncff07
I'll take both rear view mirrors is the price is right and there in good condition.

On another note I noticed in the pics on the bike and as well as on pretty much every other GZ pic ive seen, theres a strap that runs across the front of the passenger seat, whats that for? mine does not have it and didnt when i got it.
Strap across seat is for passenger to hold on to.It bolts on under the seat.I removed mine as I have a back rest. :2tup:

Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
ncff07

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine
Quote:

Strap across seat is for passenger to hold on to.It bolts on under the seat.I removed mine as I have a back rest. :2tup:
ah ok. thanks. no back rest on mine. yet. id like to get one of those with the cargo rack sometime but there pricey!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
ncff07

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine
Quote:

I just picked up a new Suzuki back rest/ cargo rack off ebay for $150. Hopefully they wont say anything when i wait a couple days to pay till i get paid since the listing said the buyer had 7 days to pay. :lol:
Old 08-29-2010, 12:33 AM   #9
SEOMike

Are you still parting out this bike? I could really use left side controls because my headlight switch has gone bad. I would also like the plastic battery cover and if the price is right, the front fender.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:32 PM   #10
SandP

I could use the choke cable.