Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 04-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Pseudocyb

WTB 2004-2007 running engine... my 06 blew after 2hrs /cry

:2tup:I bought a 2006 suzuki gz250 with 2000miles for $1500 off craigslist. The guy seemed honest and called me back today after i told him the engine blew on the way home. I asked him if he would help me pay for a new engine if i could find one at a reasonable price and he said he would think about it. I told him that if he had any idea that this was going to happen he should feel terrible because it almost killed me on the interstate. Anyway I am looking for a running motor of compatable year... I believe it is 2004-2007 but you guys would know much more than me.

I think it threw a piston and then basicly self destructed on the inside. when i rock the bike back and forth now I can hear stuff clanking around inside the engine like a maraca. awesome. Please Help 8-) ... I am in WI and have other wheels to travel with.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
alanmcorcoran

Re: WTB 2004-2007 running engine... my 06 blew after 2hrs /c

That sucks. I suspect this was not an entirely unforeseen possibility. If you are a large person I would take the bike back and demand a refund. It's not worth it to spend the time and money necessary to re-engine the bike IMHO.

If you are a small person (like myself) perhaps you have some larger friends or law enforcement acquaintances.

A 2006 Suzuki with 2000 miles on it is essentially brand new - something does not smell right here.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
bonehead

Or, do you have a 12 ga shotgun, or a .357, or .44 handgun? Looking down those barrels is very intimidating.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Pseudocyb

yeah I don't know the policy on craigslist purchases but i believe i have no ground to stand on with a no contract agreement. I am looking into something called a "lemon law" in minneasota. I suspect as he said that he wont take it back, but if I do have ground to stand on with the "lemon law" and i threaten to sue under that law his mind may change. I told the guy that if he had any idea that there was major issue about to go wrong that he should feel terrible because he almost killed me. I came to stop in interstate trying to get off and cars had to drive around me while I was at stop on dashed line between shoulder and slow lane. I don't really know what to do but i am going to call my lawer friend right now and ask about it. thanks guys 8-) cheers!!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #5
alantf

I'm not American, so don't quote me, but I remember someone on the site mentioning lemon laws, a couple of years ago, & the reply was that it only applies to cars, not bikes. I hope I'm wrong. Good luck.

Just did a search for "lemon laws" & it brought up a couple of answers. Try it & see if it's any help to you. However, your lawyer friend will probably be MUCH more knowledgeable than any of us. :2tup:

Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #6
Pseudocyb

yeah i spoke with my lawyer friend and I don't have any ground to stand on due to the fact that there was no agreement as well as the fact that it doesn't apply bikes. 8(. however I have a friend that is a bike mechanic and we are going to look into fixing it. sigh. I am wondering what years the manuals found at viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29 apply to. I have a 2006 gz250 and I am hoping to provide some informational help to my mechanic friend before he comes over today. I downloaded all 3 files from that link and saw copyright of 1998. anyone know? I am looking for chilton manuals right now. thanks you guys. I am pretty sure that the engine is toast and I am still looking into purchasing a running engine if anyone has one. I will have more details tomorrow about the problem with my bike.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
alantf

Apart from a few minor changes (such as the newer bikes not having a light switch) the GZ hasn't changed over the years. The manuals found on this site should cover all years.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
blaine

Welcome.The manuals on here will cover all years.The only difference was a combustion chamber redesign in 04.
:cool:

Old 04-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
mrlmd1

If he knew of any defect in the bike beforehand that he didn't disclose to you, you might have a case, but if you bought it as is, and it was running fine when you drove it away, you are probably screwed. Did you check to see if there was the proper amount of oil in it (looking into the site glass) before you left with it?
All the engines are basically the same, and one from any year will fit. Check out craigslist again (or crazedlist for a much wider search) or eBay.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #10
music man

I have another question for you. You say you were riding on the interstate, just how fast were you going on said interstate? And how far did you ride it on the interstate?