Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
ZacharyB

Parting out totalled bike

My bike was totalled in a rear-end collision.

I want to sell of some of the unscathed parts if possible to help recoup the loss.

All of these are undamaged and in good condition. There might be some oxidation
around screws because I've owned this bike since march without a garage. It is a
2005 model.

Here's what I have:

*Metallic black gas tank
*Both front turn signals
*Headlight
*Headlight enclosure
*Passenger seat
*Carburetor

Let's talk and arrange pricing.

Also, as you can see, my exhaust pipes are unblued and in ok condition.

If you want anything else, just ask, and I'll see if it's salvageable.

Thanks..

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-22-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Badbob

Looks like they made a sandwich with you as the meat. I hope you came through it OK.

I don't think I've ever seen one bent on both ends like that.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:48 PM   #3
ZacharyB

I came out of it undamaged! Lost a helmet because the police report and bike-push off the highway dazed me, and by the time I remembered my helmet, it had been stolen...

This was a low-speed collision on the part of the aggressing vehicle, a 2006 Jeep Laredo Cherokee. I was at a complete stop. I was jammed into the vehicle in front of me hard enough to obviously bend the forks and even curl up the lip of the front rim, but cause no damage to the vehicle I hit. My helmet was a bright white and it was daytime. She "didn't see me"

Watch your back... people aren't paying attention out there.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:54 AM   #4
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Wow, you get rear ended AND some ass steals your helmet ??? How much of a scumbag do you have to be to take that after you had been in an accident ... wow.

Sorry about your bike! Hope you can recover and get yourself another bike!

Ebay would be a great idea for the parts if nothing sells here. Looks like your exhaust is bent though, but got a neat drag look to it now lol.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 10-23-2006, 05:33 AM   #5
Badbob

It's amazing you were not injured. I try to position myself so I can escape if I need to and watch the rear until the car behind me stops.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:05 AM   #6
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Thats what i liked about the GZ mirrors. You could actually see behind you. The aftermarket ones on my shadow arent able to do that. I really need to change them or put those 'under the bar' ones they sell on ebay.

Oh and zachary, i would strip that bike clean of everything thats not bent and ebay it all. You could probably get a nice return doing that. Put em up as no reserve and sell away.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 10-24-2006, 06:53 AM   #7
ZacharyB

Hey Bob, I think the worst thing that happened is that the passenger seat gave me a kidney punch through my back armor, and I got blisters on my heel from pushing the wreck back to my house. Maybe it just shows how lightweight the bike is. The vehicle that hit me was pretty heavy. It probably didn't need to be going too fast. I felt I was in such an innocuous and riskless position stopped behind a car on a traffic light exit ramp that there was no way I could be in danger. I was wrong! Gonna be watching my back more carefully now... don't have much else to lose.

Sounds like a plan, but there isn't much that was damaged. Even the wiring harness was damaged, cutting the wires off of the CDI unit near where the rear wheel is. Ironically, the rear wheel and tire are undamaged. I'd sell it but I need something for the wreck to roll on. I'd sell the engine too... maybe I should? Does it come out in one piece? I've never removed an engine before.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:11 AM   #8
Badbob

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert at pulling motorcycle engines. So take this with a grain of salt and think through the process.

I think the engine has three bolts mounting it to the frame. It should not be that hard to get it out but you might need another pair of hands. Be sure you have everything disconnected before you try to lift it out as well as a nice place prepared to put it. It wouldn't hurt to look at the service manual and see if it has instructions for engine removal.

I know someone who buys wreaked bikes and parts them out. He puts them on a jack and cuts the frame off the engine with a torch. This is done after removing all the other undamaged parts.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:14 AM   #9
Badbob

Is that a stock handle bar. It looks taller in the photo.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
ZacharyB

Thanks for the tips,

That is a stock handlebar. Might look taller because of the bent front forks and more extreme angle of the gas tank now, along with the steering being turned to the left. Might have also been adjusted upwards at the dealer before I bought it.
Closed Thread