RamAir

Re: Engine cooler IDEA! :popcorn:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimrider
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimrider
I was assuming he would be using the oil pressure test port for the supply, hence the need for a restriction to keep adequate oil pressure to the rest of the engine. I haven't had my GZ250 for quite some time, IIRC I was thinking of what blaine said for the supply and then just let it drain back into the valve cover, just don't forget to make sure the rest of the engine had adequate oil supply.

Yup gonna be using the port to check oil pressure! And good point with the restriction idea really gonna have to look into that!

Also I would love to have the oil go to the filter or into another part of the motor where it can start cooling right away. I dont want it just splashing anywere in the valve cover or back into the oil ban and getting wormer from all the hot oil around it!
I only use rolay purple in pretty much all my vehicals :2tup:
I think I remember how I was going to shoehorn on an oil cooler. I came up with the following way that would be completely reversible by only having to purchase a new oil filter cover:

It's been a while but IIRC I believe the oil passage on the clutch cover that has pressure test port comes more or less directly from the oil pump and then goes thru the oil filter and then the oil is distributed throughout the engine. I think my plan was plug the passage between the filter and test port, routing the oil out the test port and back to the oil filter thru the filter cover. To do this I was going to tap threads in the hole between the oil filter cavity and "pressure test port" cavity so that I could put a plug with some blue (not permanent) loctite in the hole forcing all the oil to go out the pressure test port, thru the oil cooler, and then drill a hole and use some sort of fitting for the oil to go back in thru the oil filter cover. It's been over a year so I don't remember if that is exactly how it works or not you'll have to verify this your self.

Note: be sure to get some Permatex gasket remover or something similar to remove the gasket from the clutch cover. Contrary to the 15min the instructions I had to let mine soak over nite before I could use a plastic scraper to remove the old gasket. It's real easy to gouge the gasket surface, be careful!

What you explained is pretty much what the link to the picture shows And ya that part of the motor you can really hurt. My new (old) motor was leeking ait and I think its cuz I scuffed it a pit! I might just clean it up really nicely this time and use a gasket maker or somthing cuz I waited like 4 weeks to get the right gasket from suzuki! :shocked:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #22
double

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir
What you explained is pretty much what the link to the picture shows And ya that part of the motor you can really hurt. My new (old) motor was leeking ait and I think its cuz I scuffed it a pit! I might just clean it up really nicely this time and use a gasket maker or somthing cuz I waited like 4 weeks to get the right gasket from suzuki! :shocked:
hi man, i've installed the oil cooler on my gs250, and it works perfect! there are two method to install it, full system or half system. i choose the full system. the full system means ENTIRE oil passage the oil cooler first. for the full system, i make another hole on clutch basket and inside the basket, i make a chamber as a passage for oil. anyway here's the pics on my bike.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #23
double

double post.

Login or Register to Remove Ads