Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Forum News & Support

Old 04-13-2009, 02:50 AM   #1
dannylightning

i think this would make the site more user friendly

i think it would be cool if the site was set up set up where there were different maintenance sections, one section for engine, a section for transmission, a section for electrical, a section for body work, and so on.. it would make it a lit easier than just a general section for maintenance.

if a person was a expert on lets just say electrical work, they could go specifically to the electrical section to help people with that kind of question and the person asking the question about electrical work would be way more likely to get more/better answers because the person that knows a lot about that kind of thing wouldn't halve to dig through a bunch of questions about every thing to find the ones they know about. plus people would have a easier time finding questions already answered about the problem they are having

well that is my suggestion. this is a great site that has been helpful to me already but i think that would make it a little better.

-Danny

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-13-2009, 03:13 AM   #2
alanmcorcoran

Re: i think this would make the site more user friendly

:plus1:

Make it easier to find/browse for specific solutions. The Search feature just never seems to catch on...
Old 04-13-2009, 03:44 AM   #3
dannylightning

i searched for a few things and i did a lot of digging through stuff to find what i was looking for on the results that did come up, some of it came up right away with no digging. i am sure a lot of people probably don't use the search. i did see a lot of things saying this question has been beaten to death..

the problem i had with the search is a lot of stuff comes up and some of it was completely irrelevant or not really what i was looking for it just had the word in there some where and when i looked at the post it was not a post about that item just had something small about it in there so i had to read a lot of post before i found what i wanted. and a few times i searched for something and it came up saying no results. than i searched again later and there were resluts. and i did spell it right the first time, i made sure to check.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:51 AM   #4
alanmcorcoran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
the problem i had with the search is a lot of stuff comes up and some of it was completely irrelevant or not really what i was looking for it just had the word in there some where and when i looked at the post it was not a post about that item just had something small about it in there so i had to read a lot of post before i found what i wanted.
:plus1:

I have had the same trouble looking for MY OWN posts. If you search on "windshield" for example, you will get a lot of chitchat youhave to read through. If you can remember other keywords, it helps.

Since the main value of this site to new users is mechanical stuff and maintenance how-to's it makes sense to organize those sections in a bit more detail. Although, on this bike, deciding where the engine ends and the transmission begins (they share the same oil, f'rinstance) might be tricky. Electrical would be easier. Some stuff, like, the "straw fell off my gas tank downspout, are gonna be tricky to categorize...
Old 04-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Quote:
Some stuff, like, the "straw fell off my gas tank downspout, are gonna be tricky to categorize...

well i guess that would be under the fuel system catogory.

this is how i would set it up

Electrical
Engine
Drivetrain
Suspension/steering
Exhaust
Fuel system
Wheels/Tires
Body/paint
Brakes
Drive train

Old 04-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
Moedad

Quote:
this is how i would set it up

Electrical
Engine
Drivetrain
Suspension/steering
Exhaust
Fuel system
Wheels/Tires
Body/paint
Brakes
Drive train
"Hey, you said 'drive train' twice."

"I like drive train."
Old 04-13-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

I love LAMP!
Old 04-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
music man

Brick are you just looking at things in the office and saying that you love them"
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
I love LAMP!
"

Do you really love the Lamp or are you just saying it because you saw it.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #9
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

I love lamp.