Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
Oh wow, WW. Why didn't you tell us? I'm sure I didn't miss it. You'd have had all our sympathy and prayers. You didn't have to go through it alone. Again, please forgive me if you told us and I missed it. So sorry.
No forgiveness is needed Alan. I might have mentioned it in passing but didn't make a big deal of it. I do appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Lynda was the reason I first appeared on the forum after she found her GZ. We both knew very little about the bike and I was elected chief wrencher so sought the best little forum to help me along.

Lynda passed away last August 24th after a very hard fought battle with Cancer. It was a tough time for both of us, her family and friends. Lynda was loved by everyone who knew her. She had a special talent for touching a person's heart and asked nothing in return except for a smile.

Lynda raised 3 fine sons during her first marriage and all 3 have a place in my life and heart. 5 grand daughters who made her proud and 1 son in law who was married to one of her sons. He is also part of my life and I do have visits with him now and again. I thank my lucky stars for the love and friendship each and every one of them has shown me over the years.

Lynda had 5 years of riding and travelling on 2 wheels without so much as an oops or get off. After her last long distance solo ride half way across Canada and back she hung up her helmet and said "I'm done riding." It was her decision and I never questioned it. She spent more time with friends and got quite serious in her photography. I was there to see different chapters in her life and share many of them.

I have the support of many local and distant riders in my life. I do thank them all. I am looking forward to getting back on 2 wheels and getting out and about more after 2 years of living in limbo. That said, I might even get out for my first real ride on the Honda CTX700N I recently brought home in the back of the truck. It is a very nice bike and I look forward to renewing my riding skills. I did have one short ride in an absolute downpour the day I bought it after it was off loaded locally. The farkling has already started with the addition of a windshield. A new power cord for a Battery Tender and LED driving lights are in the mail right now. I am feeling some excitment and look forward to the next chapter of my life.

I know I will always have a special Guardian Angel riding on my shoulder to shield me from harm.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-09-2016, 11:57 AM   #22
Fawlty

Nod

I am very sorry to hear about your loss WW. I didn't know until today. Your positive attitude is an inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
I know I will always have a special Guardian Angel riding on my shoulder to shield me from harm.
Ride on friend. I have a feeling you are exactly right with that statement!

(Johnny Strabbler-The Wild One 1953)
Old 02-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #23
Vegas Street Rider

Just had an oops on my computer. I was saying how the really special people always leave a mark on you for the rest of your life. The bad ones leave your presence and your mind almost immediately. Sorry for your loss. I had just started on this forum before she passed. I am sure she will be riding with you here forward.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:36 PM   #24
Water Warrior 2

Thanks guys. Nuff said.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:21 AM   #25
Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 View Post
Thanks guys. Nuff said.
Sorry WW, but I do have to chime in here because you (and your talk of Lynda and her riding) always provided me with so much inspiration. I am truly sorry for your loss and am grateful you shared so much about her on the forum back in the day. Thank you for opening up a little more and sharing more about her with the last recent post.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #26
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
Sorry WW, but I do have to chime in here because you (and your talk of Lynda and her riding) always provided me with so much inspiration. I am truly sorry for your loss and am grateful you shared so much about her on the forum back in the day. Thank you for opening up a little more and sharing more about her with the last recent post.
Thanks Maggie. Lynda did indeed inspire more gals to ride. And ride more than just around town. During her last long distance solo ride she was taking a break and was surprised when a woman came running up and said "I have one of those at home(M-50 Suzuki)but would never have thought to ride half way across Canada."

I think the long rides allowed Lynda to bond and become "one" with the bikes. She also did that same long ride on her GZ 4 years earlier and loved it. She loved a 400 mile ride on a weekend with the GZ. Her shake down cruise on the M-50 was nearly 1000 miles and prepared her for anything with it. Our travels with 2 or 4 wheels were a delight. Many happy memories and friends to make on the road. Lynda is missed by her family, friends and myself very much.
Even before we were a couple I once drove 900 miles to have coffee with her after she moved to B.C. Lynda said I was crazy but a little crazy goes a long way. That was actually our 1st date. After 3 or 4 more trips across the Rockies and retirement in my future I asked if she could find an apartment for me. Yup, just down the hall and when do you want to move in? 5 weeks later I was a resident in Squamish with a wonderful woman just down the hall. After 3 more months we lived together and the rest is history. Our time together was too short but it was wonderful.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #27
spldart

They are offering 2000+ for the bike outright and 1700+ for me to get it back for salvage.
I've made a ton of mods and added lots of farkle so I'm buying salvage and transplanting parts
to another zuki.

Still being treated for injuries. Dunno if they will do as well for that or not.
A cracked wrist bone.
A torn knee cartalidge.
Some lower back thinger stressed.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #28
Water Warrior 2

Be careful what you sign. If they want you to sign for the bike the insurance company may try to slide in a release from any medical claim in the future.

Heal up as well as possible and get back on the road eh.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:15 PM   #29
spldart

Got the GZ back.
Some time. Some tools.
It's running again.
I have 3000 bux saved so far.
Want big cruiser....
Continuing saving.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #30
spldart

WTF

They put a 'special investigations unit' on me. My medical bills still unpaid.