Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 01-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: My baby 125.....

What are your options for bumping up the displacement ?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamulaspam
There are not many 250's over here that are to my taste really. The only one I have really considered is the Hyosung Aquilla 250. Mulled it over for a while but would really like to keep hold of my own if possible.... Plus im kinda looking forward to the challenge a little.
That been said,The Hyosung is a great little bike.
:2tup:

Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #13
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamulaspam
There are not many 250's over here that are to my taste really. The only one I have really considered is the Hyosung Aquilla 250. Mulled it over for a while but would really like to keep hold of my own if possible.... Plus im kinda looking forward to the challenge a little.
I don't know if they distribute them in the UK but maybe you check out a V-Star (Dragstar) 250. A friends wife has one and it's a great bike. See the link below (for the US model).

Yamaha V-Star 250 (Dragstar in Europe)

Old 01-31-2012, 12:11 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

The V-Star is a pretty decent bike. A wee bit smaller physically than the GZ but still a good forgiving small bike. The 2 cylinders and pipes makes for a nice sound. I spent quite a bit of time on one during a training course and found it fairly comfy.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I love the V-star and it always rates higher for low-end grunt compared the other 250s out there, but if you're anywhere above 5'9", you're knees are going to feel cramped with that back swept bars. It's almost like a toy the way your knees will stick up and out over the tank. It's worse than the Rebel, and that's pretty bad.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #16
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
I love the V-star and it always rates higher for low-end grunt compared the other 250s out there, but if you're anywhere above 5'9", you're knees are going to feel cramped with that back swept bars. It's almost like a toy the way your knees will stick up and out over the tank. It's worse than the Rebel, and that's pretty bad.
Ah yes, the sweep back bars. That was my only complaint during the time I spent on the bike. I actually dumped the bike when my knee connected with the bars during low speed practice sessions.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Gz Rider

Old 01-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #18
Spamulaspam

I must admit they are a lovely bike and being only 5 foot 5 the height isnt really an issue for me. They are available also in the UK but they are very, very expensive and highly sought after.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
Water Warrior 2

[quote=Gz Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Water Warrior":23pkiv3a
Ah yes, the sweep back bars. That was my only complaint during the time I spent on the bike. I actually dumped the bike when my knee connected with the bars during low speed practice sessions.
:jawdrop: Damn, I was not aware of that issue at all. I just thought the GZ looked heavier duty than the yammer or the rebel.[/quote:23pkiv3a]
The Yammer appears quite narrow compared to the GZ with it's smaller tank and tires/fenders. Sort of not enough feed and nurishment while it was growing up. The GZ is by far the best looking with a more grown up appearance until you put it beside a full size cruiser. The Rebel 250 is the most popular but I fail to see why. The styling is just so so and the tranny has always been a sore point with riders.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #20
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

The Rebel is really a pitiful leftover from the early 80s and sorely needs an update.
Good motor and decent power. But the styling is just absurd and given the size of people today, it's just way too small.

The GZ and Hyosung 250 cruiser are made for slightly larger people. But even I will admit that the GZ is just a touch short for people 6' and taller. At least the width of the GZ and the size of the tank keep it in the same ballpark with the bigger bikes.
All you have to do is sit on one of the aforementioned bikes and you'll see what I mean. They just feel like.....toys. (Granted the Yamaha has a better overall fit and finish. I'm not knocking it there. But it's just weensie)

Suzuki did good by making the GZ beefier than the competition.