Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 08-31-2010, 01:03 AM   #11
BusyWeb

Re: just wanted to say hello, havent been on here in a whil

Very cool...
and nice video quality too, clean and clear.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-31-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
dannylightning

Re: just wanted to say hello, havent been on here in a whil

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Very nice flying. I swear something that looked very similar bounced off my face shield a few miles past Kankakee. Can you carry a payload on that thing (like a small video camera?)
if i were to get a keychain/spycam thing yes i can velcro it on some place and record the flight, some day i want to get one. , tonds of videos on you tube flying around with cameras on their helicopter.

i just finished painting one of mine and it looks killer.. the tail fins are now matching the rest of the green parts. i am just getting to the point that i am not scared of this one, flew it upside down for the first time 2 days ago and realized it is a lot smoother than the little one in the video, its a lot bigger thatn the one i usually fly and will go around 60mph or so i am told.

thanks for the compliments, and bussy i got a new digital camera that takes great hd video it is a canon powershot xs201is, the price is a steel for the quality of video and pitcures it takes, plus it has full manual controols like the larger Digital Slr cameras but fits in your pocket.

and just to show every one what a RC helicopter is capable of if you are good enough IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND

[youtube:2gupi1gd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcKyc5KYcuM[/youtube:2gupi1gd]
Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 PM   #13
BusyWeb

Re: just wanted to say hello, and RC helicopter thread ....

I see danny... so, you had new carmera.
Mine is Canon Powershot SX20 IS too... very incidents.
And I love mine alot, but just little bit bulky for the bike mounting... ^^;

EDIT] adding more comments about the RC menuvering..
Wow... couldn't believe it.
Is it require special modification, or just regular RC setup???
If RC can do it, actually, real heli could do ???
Too many curiousity about it.
Thanks for the sharing it.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #14
blaine

That is amazing, I didn't know they could maneuver like that.That operator has some skills.Easy to see why he is the champion.

:2tup: O_o

Old 09-01-2010, 12:26 AM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Wow, that fellow didn't learn that overnight. He certainly makes his model dance with the best of them.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #16
dannylightning

this is the explanation of how they can fly upside down, your main throttle stick controls your pitch and how fast the blades spin, in stunt mode most set up so it is at 100% throttle no matter where the stick is moved to, now the stick only controols the pitch of the helcipter, when you flip upside down you move the throttle stick below half stick and you get in to negative pitch and that keeps the helicopter in the air

if you were flying normally and went into full negative pitch the helicopter would shoot twards the ground like a bullet instead of up in the air like it normally would, and if you flip upside down and you do not move the stick down to negative pitch u will also shoot twards the ground like a bullet.

RC air planes are a piece of cake compared to the helicopters, i got a air plane and was doing all kinds of flips, rolls, flying upside down, knive edge turns, some precision aerobatic moves and every thing else with in the first 5 min. and it only took me about 2 days to get extremely bored flying a air plane and could not wait to get my helicopter up in the air instead. the helicopters are such a challenge its not even funny...

the stuff the pros do would cost you a lot of money to learn unless you are naturally gifted and spend hours apon end on the RC flight simulators, one of the big 700 size nitro helicopters could require very much money to repair, you break one set of blades on the 700 size heli and your out 120 bucks just for the blades. if i have a bad crash with my bigger one its about 60 bucks in repair bills, average crash cost is about 20-30 bucks. my smaller one you saw me doing flips and inverted flight with usually cost 5-20 dolors to repair after a crash. it can be a expensive hobby but its very rewarding, i have busted a helicopter to pieces and came home excited and with a big smile cus i did a few really cool stunts before it hit the ground.

it is the most addicting ting i have ever got my self into and the biggest money pit, i cant quit buying stuff for these, i probably have close to 600 dolors in my big one now and need to spend about 3-4 hundred more to get every thing that i want for it so its a top notch machine... better this, better than, carbon fiber this, carbon fiber that... its worth it to me.

i also push my self extremely hard to learn new things i have advanced much faster than most of the guys on the forums that started around the same time i did, even some that have been flying for a few years, if you are afraid to crash it you will never learn and your progression will be extremely slow...

here is a picture of what you use to controol one of these helicopters, notice all the switches, buttons and there is a digital menu with about 30 screens you can go into to adjust settings for the helicopter too make it fly correctly or change the way it flys. and also here is a pic of my first bad crash lol...

Old 09-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #17
mrlmd1

My first attempt at flying one of those would probably look like that too, but it would just be totally out of control. That looks like a good way to get yourself and the spectators killed, just as dangerous as a motorcycle in bad hands. (Joke, in case someone didn't know).
Danny, looks like someone stepped on or rode over your helicopter. You fixed that? I guess most of the body work is replaceable but what about engine and rotor mechanism damage in a bad crash?
What kind of fuel supply do those helicopters have to enable them to fly upside down without gas spilling all over or not getting to the engine from the tank? Yours is electric, the one in the video looked like a gasoline engine with exhaust smoke coming out (2 stroke).
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #18
dannylightning

mine is electric, that green thing there on the front is a 2200mah lithium polymer battery , i can fly for about 8-10 min on one battery depending on how hard i am pushing the helicopter, electric is so powerful now a days they only the really big ones use the nitro fuel, those nitro birds have some kind of fuel cell on the side, i dont now exactly how they work, nitro fuel is expensive, dirty and they are very noisy, due to that you can get some of the larger ones in electric now also but the battery might cost you 250 bucks... the bigger the helicopter the better it flies, longer blades = much more stability in the air. the one in the video of the professional guy flying is a t-rex 700 nitro, i think its about 4 foot long from nose to tail, my biggest one is 30 inches from nose to tail...

every piece on the helicopter is replaceable. most pieces cost 1.50 to 3 bucks a piece. if you crash on grass and if you can hit the kill switch to shut down the motor as soon as you realize its gong down the damage will be minimal, if the blades go in to the groud spinning at full force you will have a big repair bill. in my crash pictured i cut power to mine just as the blades hit the ground so that caused more damage than usual, i thought i was going to save it but one of the electronic pieces died in flight so there was no way to save it from crashing, i had no idea it had died till i fiexd it all up and the tail started spinning out of control as soon as i spooled the blades up, i realized than that my gyro was dead and purchased a quality one. this a a inexpensive one with bottom of the line electroncs, but itcan be upgrade to be a extremely good flying bird, when it is all said and done after upgrades you probably will have still spend less money that buying a high quality one and it will be just as good or better...

the blades on these thing spin around 2500 rpm and some helicopters have a even higher head speed than that. if you get hit by one its not going to be pretty at all.. people have been slashed to pieces with these things, on the helicopter forums under the safety threads you wold be amazed at some of the gory pictures posted..... you never want to fly one around people that do not under stand the risk of being in the same area as the helicopter, whe i go flying it is just me and the other heli pilots, if some one happens to show up out of no where who ever is flying shold land the bird asap and wait for the person to pass threw.

2 months ago this is all i could do, after 3 days of crashing and crashing i finally got the hang of it. the smaller one i have is very durable, some times you crash it and nothing breaks if you get a good set of carbon fiber blades, the wood one break on impact...

[youtube:2u9zt47i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetSsuDJR_s[/youtube:2u9zt47i]
Old 09-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #19
mrlmd1

So you need to be ATGATT for that sport too.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #20
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
So you need to be ATGATT for that sport too.
a am not exactly sure what that means.