Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Ratscallion

Hailing from South Philladelphia

To all those that have come to Love this little bike as I have,

So I last year around this time, I finally was able to sell my car and pick up my first bike. I've been bicycling most of my life and have always wanted to take up riding/working on a motorcycle. . the planets just aligned, or some nonsense, and I got my little 2005 GZ250. Since then, I've road a lot, taken the safety course, gotten my license, had some great fun with the bike (Little Bettie) and started to get into fixing/tuning her up myself. This forum has been an amazing reference in that last department. So thank you all for that !!!

Here is what I've done to the bike so far:
-She came with some descent saddle bags, but not the supports. . .so I picked up those.
-Just recently installed some solid black kuryakyn ISO Grips. . . these things are soooo nice. .. its like riding in heaven for your hands.
-Added a windshield. http://www.motorcyclewindshield.com/mer ... gory_Code=
-My next plan is to wrap the pipes (they are kinda rusty at the moment), add some nicer pegs, chop the front fender a tad (previous own / me dropped the bike once or twice.) and reupholster my seat.
-I also have a dirty carb. .. which I plan to clean as soon as my tank is dry, but I've been using Seafoam and B12 to compensate until then.
-Annnd. . .my odo has been slagged for a month or two now. . .went from 7.800 to 96,000 in about a months time. . . .so thats gotta get fixed. Any help here is appreciated. . .

As far as riding, I mainly use her as a city commuter bike, but we are starting to take our fair share of longer riders. I started with a hour and a half ride from Philly to the NJ coast .. .taking all backroads, but recently I tested her out doing some highway riding. Philadelphia to Blue Mountain and back. .. about 3-4 hours. . .157 miles and had her between 65-75 most of the ride, but took her up to 80-83 a few times :}

So thats my story so far. If anyone else is in the Philadelphia / South Jersey area and wants to ride / already has a group to ride with hit me up, I'm totally down.

Cheers to safe rides !
-B

This is after we got to blue mt.. . .nooo windshield that day. . .ran right into my tent and put icy hot all over my back. . .oooo

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: Hailing from South Philladelphia

That's funny.

You're from south Philadelphia, and I'm from ?West Philadelphia, born and raised. On the playground is where I spent most of my days, just chillin' out, maxin' and relaxing and cool and then shooting some B-ball outside of the school. Then a couple of guys, they were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said "you've moving with you auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.?

[EDIT] - I rode bicycles for a long time too and only managed to accept riding a motorcycle as part of the "one less car" movement. I then adjusted that to accept motorcycles to be part of the "two wheel revolution" and now I ride my motorcycle and a mini-van...... Oh well.

Glad to hear your story and have you here.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
mole2

Welcome to the forum from South Carolina. Sounds like things are working out for you. Ride safe.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Ratscallion

Thanks mole2 & jonathan180iq !!

Just updated the pic of my little bettie. . she has a windshield now and looks soooo sexy.

Jonathan180q - !!! hahahaahhaahha totally !! "I yelled to the cabby, Go home smell ya later" I think I have always really belonged to the two wheel nation, glad to be al lin now !! If you ever wanna ride ! hit me up (ratscallion@gmail.com)

-B

Old 06-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
greatmaul

Hi and welcome! That shield looks great! I can't see the tiny pic that well... for some reason it won't get any larger when I click on it, but it looks like a great addition to the bike!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
alantf

When I clicked on it, it brought up the old postimage.org window that we used to use a few years back. (the one with the family safe option)
Old 06-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
Ratscallion

Yeah I thought that was kinda weird. . . I also shrank the image to much cuz I used it as my avatar pic. I can post a bigger on if ya want. I also have the link to the windshield I have... . . http://www.motorcyclewindshield.com/mer ... gory_Code=