Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 03-02-2015, 11:26 PM   #1
Water Warrior 2

gas prices.

So I'm real impressed with the so called oil glut and lower price per barrel. Our gas price dropped for a short time and now it is higher than before. I'm all for trade with the U.S. but I really don't like to subsidize their cost by raising the cost here at home. I think I can thank the Canadian government for this unreasonsble trade agreement.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-03-2015, 05:48 AM   #2
alantf

Ours went to a high of €1.12 per litre, then to a low of 85 centimos. Now it's creeping up a centimo every few days. It's now around 89 centimos.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
gz4me +

Irate

In Santa Maria, California the price jumped from $2.43 a gallon to $3.77 a gallon. Still going up each day. (87 octane).

Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

$1.29 a litre here. 10 days ago it was a smidget less than a buck a litre.

Was reading today that the U.S. has no more storage facilities left for stock piling oil. The U.S. has massive reserves underground and will one day be the lone supplier after everyone else is out of oil. That makes an interesting future for the next couple of generations who will have to rely on oil.
An interesting concept in Britain is using Tidal Lagoons for power generating. Cuts down on the use of coal burning power stations and nuclear power plants. The idea is to use a more predictable natural force(tides) than wind or solar generating devices.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:10 AM   #5
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Isn't it funny that even as we increase our storage and reserves the prices of fuel continues to increase? You Canucks, you have the reserves we are currently tapping, are getting an increase in your own fuel price. We Yanks, who are restocking our reserves and currently pumping in more than we burn, are seeing an increase in fuel prices. And you Euros, who has a finger in every little oil market, are also (have always) paid fairly steep fuel prices... It just doesn't make any logical sense.

I will say, here at home, we got down to as low as $1.80 per gallon very quickly. It boggles my mind that some people find it odd that an increase can also happen just as quickly.

If we aren't stocking up fuel reserves to keep prices down, then what are we doing?

Old 03-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #6
bwader

IT got down to $1.77 a gallon and its at $2.17 now.