Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 10-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #41
Easy Rider

Re: GZ Will Not Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
The Scorpion battery is made in China for what it's worth.
Not everything made in China is crap......and.....not all crap is made in China. :biggrin:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #42
burkbuilds

Good points!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:40 PM   #43
mrlmd1

BB- FYI, my Yuasa battery, which happens to be a very reliable and respected brand, (maybe from China, I don't know), and the Interstate I had before that, and the Exide I almost bought but it was twice the price of the Yuasa, ALL have the YTX7L-BS code on them. YTX stands for an AGM battery, the other numbers and letters have to do with the physical size and amp output and capacity of the battery. The YTX7L is the size that fits the GZ.
And my user filled and then user sealed battery is a "real" AGM too, a "real" VRLA. Why can't you guys not accept the fact that the companies that manufacture these things make them both ways? Check the Yuasa website like I said and look for yourself at what they make, and this is only one company.
ER, you clarified nothing, again just voicing an opinion that has nothing to back it up. Again, come and read what's on my battery, what's on the box, what's in the instructions and specifications that came with it instead of spouting out opinionated crap.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #44
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
BB- FYI, my Yuasa battery, which happens to be a very reliable and respected brand, (maybe from China, I don't know)
While I was working as an electrician, ALL the backup batteries we used in the electronic panels were Yuasa. Never had ANY problems with them. Don't know if they're made in China now, but we were using them long before the Chinese market opened up.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #45
Easy Rider

Quote:
ER, you clarified nothing, again just voicing an opinion that has nothing to back it up. Again, come and read what's on my battery, what's on the box, what's in the instructions and specifications that came with it instead of spouting out opinionated crap.
I know I shouldn't but.........

YES, you are absolutely, positively 1000% right in everything you said.......except when you said that ALL small batteries are AGM. That's the only part I disagreed with....EVER....in this whole unfortunate mess. Maybe all the ones you have ARE AGM but ****ALL**** of them are NOT.

Done.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #46
mrlmd1

If you had read what I posted on 10/23 instead of immediately jumping to make a correction, I wrote
"The batteries in the sizes we are talking about, for motorcycles and other small engines, as far as I know and have seen, either in the battery stores or Auto stores, or in Walmart types, or shipped from an internet source, are all packaged dry, with the acid in a separate plastic container."
AS FAR AS I KNOW - is what I wrote. This was my experience seeing 3 different brands of batteries in 2 different stores and searching the web for info and ordering one online - and all the user filled ones were also all listed as AGM, VRLA batteries, size YTX7L-BS, for the GZ, as well as ones for many many other bikes.
I had another post in response to alanf saying the same thing later that day.
So if someone else has a different experience and a company makes a factory sealed unit in addition, all you had to do is point out a specific brand or make a constructive comment that they can come both ways instead of trying to denigrate someone or a particular company or country (China) that makes some if not most of these things. I never said or implied that is the only way they come, I said in my experience, as far as I knew and have seen, that's the way it was.
Also done.
Now peace again, maybe, hopefully.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #47
bonehead

EVERYONE, grab and rub your earlobes while chanting "wooosaah, wooosaah".
Old 10-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #48
mrlmd1

I wonder who said this in another thread : (Hint - ER?)

"Like I said, we need to lighten up a bit and be careful about INTERPRETING others comments."
If you must comment, make it about what someone actually said; not about what you THINK he really meant. Please"

And then:

S....incase you haven't noticed: On the Internet, experience seems to count for NOTHING and some folks try to insist that all opinions are created equal........which, of course, they aren't.:

If only we could practice what we preach, if we could do as we say. It'll never happen (IMO, {OK?}).
Old 10-26-2009, 10:52 PM   #49
Water Warrior 2

Turning to other news the Hawian Bobsled team said ........................................... ?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #50
Easy Rider

Quote:
I wonder who said this in another thread : (Hint - ER?)
None of that was directed at you; don't think you were even involved in the discussion(s).

Bringing it HERE like THAT really promotes the peace you claimed a couple of posts back......NOT.

Go ahead, keep it up. Taking personal, unprovoked pot shots at me really puts you in a good light.