Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 04-09-2016, 06:44 PM   #1
GZ250

2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50

Hi everyone

I am back and writing here after some 9 months. I am not sure how many good old folks are still here but there must be lot of new members. I have a question.

someone is selling 2006 boulevard C50 (9100 miles) for $2400. Today I looked at the bike. From outside it looks clean and in good condition. Started on first try. He has a clean title on his name. According to him in March 2015 he bought from his friend in Florida and moved here. On the tile the odometer reading is 8900 miles and now its 9100 miles. Most of the time bike sits in the garage. In this one year he never did oil change or any change, just put a new battery, so he knows nothing when oil was changed and what is the condition of oil. Tires are in good shape. I looked at the oil filter that is down in the front and the paint on the front side was flaky, that could be just natural as its exposed to water and weather.

So my question is what should I look for if I plan to buy this bike without an oil change history.

I have no experience with this bike so do not know what to look for.

Please reply and suggest what do you think I should look for as I will contact him on Monday again after he gets the title notorized.

Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by GZ250; 04-09-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:14 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Can you get a test ride. If so, will you be smiling after the ride? Maintenance issues aside, do you want to ride it home and fondle it a bit?

Linda's M-50 had pegs rather than foot boards, a GZ style rear fender and a slightly smaller seat that was just right for her. Her list of farkles made it a good touring rig without breaking the bank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M-50 pics 040.jpg (97.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg bucking horse 028.jpg (93.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Grand Coulee Trip 2009 038.jpg (98.8 KB, 12 views)