Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 06-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
Kcarvajal

Re: My Bobber

Thanks Water Warrior! I will certainly pick up that book. I need as much knowledge as I can to help me with safety, etc.

I wasn't going to take the test this morning since I didn't get to practice last night. However, I decided to go for it and PASSED!!! :2tup: Went to DMV immediately after, got the M on my license, went home and went for a ride. It felt good riding around my area having the proper license.

Although, some dude was behind me while in the right lane, he sped up to me left, then kinda went into mine and slammed his breaks. I think he was trying to freak me out or something. I don't know. Didn't scare me, but just wasn't sure what that was all about. :??:

Anyway...

Thanks all!

Ken

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-01-2011, 02:06 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Sounds like a touch of road rage and stupidity. Best to practice some emergency braking too.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #13
geezer

dude get used to that quick. its common for cagers to look right at you then pull out in front of you. always have an escape route planned! take this seriously!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:02 AM   #14
mole2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcarvajal
Thanks Water Warrior! I will certainly pick up that book. I need as much knowledge as I can to help me with safety, etc.

I wasn't going to take the test this morning since I didn't get to practice last night. However, I decided to go for it and PASSED!!! :2tup: Went to DMV immediately after, got the M on my license, went home and went for a ride. It felt good riding around my area having the proper license.

Although, some dude was behind me while in the right lane, he sped up to me left, then kinda went into mine and slammed his breaks. I think he was trying to freak me out or something. I don't know. Didn't scare me, but just wasn't sure what that was all about. :??:

Anyway...

Thanks all!

Ken
Congratulations!!!

As for the dude. You were probably going to slow for him and road rage set in. He was trying to show you his displeasure...even if it kills you. It's common so get used to it and be defensive. They're ALL trying to kill you out there. You have to remember that on each ride.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #15
Kcarvajal

Guys, thanks!

I have since picked up a copy of Proficient Motorcycling and started reading it on the train this morning. Glad to have it.

Mole2, I think you might be right. I was coming out of a right turn into the lane, and then another right to go into Starbucks parking lot. He was behind me from the initial rturn and more than likely was upset that I slowed him down.

I will be going to another Starbucks for a while until I get more seat time.

Thanks again!
Ken

Old 10-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #16
ratrod

Sweet Bike
Old 10-31-2011, 02:38 PM   #17
Kcarvajal

Re: My GZ Bobber - HARDTAILED!!!

Placement of the indicators. I sanded the headlight case to give it a patina look, matching the tank. Close anyway.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #18
Peachy140

Ken the bike looks amazing. Have to admit Im a little bit jealous my technical expertise extends as far as changing spark plug and battery. Good job mate and as the old adage goes if you want it done right do it yourself
Old 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM   #19
Kcarvajal

Thanks Peachy! Honestly, I too was intimidated. But the help of the folks here made it possible.

It's not quite as hard as you think, however. My suggestion, on a specific modification, either dig it up here if it already exists, or post your question. My experience has been someone is always either able to help, or give you pointers to try.

Send me a PM if you're interested in a specific one. If it's something I've done, I'd gladly document the steps for ya.

Good luck, and thanks!
Ken
Old 11-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #20
Peachy140

Thanks Ken, thats exactly how i found the forum. I was looking for an answer to a question which i googled and the top 2 or 3 answers had links here and honestly im very happy to be here. I had my own idea as to a few remaining niggly issues on my Marauder, the forum folk suggested other possibilities and after speaking to the mechanic who worked on my bike last he actually confirmed what people on here said it would be...

Havent had the time recently to do anything to the bike except ride it to and from work. Once Ive got the running problems sorted, ill give the bike a good clean up and am contemplating getting the chrome redone. Looking at your hard tail made me drool though I dont know if going that far on my little 250 is justifiable. I know for a fact i cant justify the cost to the Mrs. Oh well maybe I can offer her the option of pimping up my 250 or buying something a little bit bigger and shinyer