Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 06-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #31
alantf

Re: High idle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
What makes you think that "american" bikes need the valves adjusted more often than is your experience ??
Because of what people post on this site? right?

BTW, I am talking about GZs, & I notice that you didn't keep yours long enough to do a second check. :whistle:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-01-2010, 06:48 AM   #32
chandlerbingfl

Well thanks for all the input... was the choke... bit of cleaner and Seafoam and problem resolved!

Thanks!
chandler
Old 07-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #33
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbingfl
Well thanks for all the input... was the choke... bit of cleaner and Seafoam and problem resolved!

Thanks!
chandler

Put some Seafoam in 2 or 3 times a season to pervent any more carb problems.Maintance is key. :rawk: :2tup:

Old 07-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #34
Viirin

When i first got my GZ the choke cable was seized in the "on" position but i had never ridden before so i didn't know any different - cost me about €25 to get it replaced and brought the frequencies of fill-ups way down as well as the running temp i imagine.

For Alan's earlier post i have a European spec GZ but i need the choke to get her ticking over in the mornings - even now in the Summer - it doesn't take much but it needs a little.

Glad you got your problem sorted out Chandler - i guess cables can seize even if your riding everyday (or night in your case) if they don't get used every now and again

vii
Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #35
bmxr123

Just my two cents:

My buddy rides a bone stock gz250. I pulled the spark plug only to see WHITE...EVERYWHEREEEEE!! indicating LEAN/HOT conditions. Suzuki has their heads so far up the EPA's &%$ that they forgot what put them on the map. That bike was STARVING for fuel, and CHUGGING at wide open throttle. Just drill out that little air/fuel screw cap and put that beast 2 turns out! Your GZ, along with your manhood, will thank you.

In all seriousness an idle drop should be performed, but even if you have no idea what you are doing, 2 turns out on that screw is better than the 3/4 of a turn it came from the factory with!!!!!! what the?!!....arrgh...

It shouldn't be that infuriating when working with a GZ, but the Cam overlap/EPA settings they released these 4-cylinder carbureted(And crappy F.I. mapping!) sport bikes with is stupid..They post 35-40 MPG but AT WHAT RPM??!! They feel like my mother's Fiat 500 until about 7000 RPM upon which you are reminded that you are sitting on a bike built for racing. The danger discovered in a bike that triples its horsepower in a split second should have taken precedent to the potential improvements in MPG to please the EPA. Reminds me of the first 911 turbos that were killing people left and right!