Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 05-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #31
dannylightning

Re: idle speed thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Thank Goodness it is almost resolved completely. Now, Danny, get out and meet some people. You will turn into a hermit and continue to agonize over non-issues. The path to insanity is not that long.
i have been a hermit for about 2 years now. and it sux. i might be putting my bike up for sale, might i halve to quit my job and move back to ohio and live with mom and dad.

i had a few heat stroke type things last summer. it finally got hot out here at night and i got over heated and felt like i was gonna die again, i thought i was over it i been spending a lot of time out side since up in the 80's a lot. when that humidity kicks in at night time (when i work) it feels like it's about 20 degrease hotter. i took the job here at night cus i thought i would be working in nice cool tempatures at night. guess not

i just spent about 3 hours at the doctor getting test done again hopefully they will figure something out..

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #32
Water Warrior 2

High temps and high humidity will suck the life out of you. Many years of been there done that. Hopefully the Doc's can find some relief for you.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #33
dannylightning

Quote:
High temps and high humidity will suck the life out of you. Many years of been there done that. Hopefully the Doc's can find some relief for you.

did you have a problem with being out in the heat, if so what did they tell you.. i looked up heat sensitivity on line and found a bunch of stuff that can cause it. i couldn't even walk out side with out feeling really weird yesterday. never had this problem till last summer till i had what seemed like a heat stroke but they say you usuall get over that in a week or rare cases could take a month or two.. but 9 months later.

annoying. i hope it was just my sinus infection making me feel like crap, probably wishful thinking tho, just started taking my medicine for that last night.. want to be out riding my bike or setting at the lake on a boat or something.. damn..

Old 05-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #34
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning
Quote:

did you have a problem with being out in the heat, if so what did they tell you.. i looked up heat sensitivity on line and found a bunch of stuff that can cause it. i couldn't even walk out side with out feeling really weird yesterday. never had this problem till last summer till i had what seemed like a heat stroke but they say you usuall get over that in a week or rare cases could take a month or two.. but 9 months later.

annoying. i hope it was just my sinus infection making me feel like crap, probably wishful thinking tho, just started taking my medicine for that last night.. want to be out riding my bike or setting at the lake on a boat or something.. damn..

Always wear a baseball cap outside to keep the sun off your head. Get one that is light colored but search for one with a dark underside on the visor. A light underside on the visor/beak will reflect light into your eyes. If you are active outside take a break often and get into the shade and have some water. You must wear protective clothing(UV sucks) but something that will allow ventilation to cool you.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #35
alantf

Quote:
when that humidity kicks in at night time (when i work) it feels like it's about 20 degrease hotter.
Where I live, up in the mountains, the humidity runs at around 70% most of the time, & gets to 90%-95% in summer. It's so bad that we have to run small heaters in the wardrobe (closet?) all the time, to stop the clothes getting covered in mildew. Healthwise, though, any problems seem to be bronchial - I have a cough all the time, but apart from that we're so used to it that we don't seem to notice it anymore. That may happen to you. I hope so. :2tup:

Old 05-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #36
Easy Rider

Quote:
annoying. i hope it was just my sinus infection making me feel like crap, probably wishful thinking tho, just started taking my medicine for that last night..
And now for the REST of the story !!! :shocked:

Over the years, I've had a LOT of trouble with sinus infections and many times felt like I couldn't get up from a chair the first couple of days (kind of like the flu). It usually took me about 3 days to really feel much better.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:31 PM   #37
dannylightning

[quote=Water Warrior]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Water Warrior":22smb6x1

Always wear a baseball cap outside to keep the sun off your head. Get one that is light colored but search for one with a dark underside on the visor. A light underside on the visor/beak will reflect light into your eyes. If you are active outside take a break often and get into the shade and have some water. You must wear protective clothing(UV sucks) but something that will allow ventilation to cool you.[/quote:22smb6x1]

i drive a tractor around the air port hauling freight and i work midnights, im not in the sun. it just gets to feel really hot out there when the humidity kicks in. the tractor has vents that face you and blow the hot engine air right on you. how ever i did feel like my body temp was too hight when i got too hot at work. i went home burning up the rest of the night all day yesterday. i took my medicine yesterday evening and after a hour or two i was not burning up any more.. i am gonna have my fingers crossed that the sinus infection with a fever was taking a tole on me and that was my only problem..
Old 05-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #38
Water Warrior 2

Hot air blowing on you means you should have a bottle of water with you at all times and keep drinking.
Otherwise you may get severe dehydration and not know it until it is too late.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #39
dannylightning

Quote:
Hot air blowing on you means you should have a bottle of water with you at all times and keep drinking.
Otherwise you may get severe dehydration and not know it until it is too late.
i have a big water bottle i keep with me at work at all times. than i usually have a 20oz soda bottle or two filled up with water for a back up if i cant make it to a place to fill my water bottle back up.