Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 11-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #21
RamAir

Re: Need help Ran bike dri!!! OF OIL!

Sorry all that I have been away for so long I have just been so sooo busy! BUT I AHVE GOOD NEWS! She livess! I finnished the engine swap and black beauty got a clean bill oh health from the mechanic! :2tup: I ahve not so detailed pics of the motor change if anyone wants me to put them up I can. She runs great and he told me that the news engines compression is like new so all is well just a few small things to change here and there and she will be in perfict running health.

Again thank you all for you edvise and input I thought hard about what I was going to do and in the end I am happy with how it terned out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-06-2009, 03:13 PM   #22
Water Warrior 2

Right On !!! Glad you were able to get the bike up and running.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #23
Moedad

Your persistence has paid off, RamAir. Good job. Now don't kill this one! :poke2: Seriously, though, well done.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #24
RamAir

SWEET HAVE NOT BEEN ON HERE IN A LONG TIME! Well when you kinda put the bike away you um forget a bit sorry guys! Ya motor is still runnnin strong. and I am takin great care of here! Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #25
blaine

Good luck,Ride easy.

Old 03-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #26
RuffStuff

you should have a go at rebuilding your old motor, for if you ever pop this one again, plus when it comes to selling it most like the right motor in the bike
ive been hooning mine around fora few weeks and now ive decided 60 mph is enough for it and it should live for a long time

from what i can work out its a simple motor to work on and with ebay you should be able to collect all the bits you need for pennys, and itll be good to learn something and on the plus side if you get it wrong youve not broken a working engine
Old 03-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #27
RamAir

Very true ummm ruffsutt (sorry hard to call someone that LOL) I plan on when summer comes to pull it apart and see whats what. but I would have also dameged the cylinder wall and need new barings. Like I said on other threads I am looking at becomeing a auto mehcanic and will be building a few motors from the ground up in a few years since I some major project plans. But yes I get what you are telling me. Also if I was gonna keep the bike for much longer I would do so much. But next year I plan on moving up since insurance will be cheaper. If I can keep it in the family I will but if not oh well. I will not look foward to that cuz its makin me sad. But just a few more plans for the bike for the last two years it will be just fine for me! And this engine was cheaked over by my mechanic (I changed the motor with a buddy of mine and myself). and he said its just great. Great compretion and runs perfect! It will last for many years since now I will be takin better care of this motor. And do my checks far more often.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #28
RuffStuff

its all good ive blown up nearly everything ive ever owned hahaha
if you get it apart and it is goosed just rebuild it with the parts there as a learning experience and stick it with the bike when it goes

im watching a few sv 650s atm and need to rebuild this cbr to sell it but im going to try n keep hold of this little one cos its probably the best hop about bike ive had
Old 03-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #29
Fish Baseball

Mate congratulations on the engine change over. I for one would be very interested in said photos, because knowledge is power after all.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #30
prestondrnek

the tapping is from your excess in valve clearance, lack of oil ground down your can and rocker faces!