Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 09-28-2015, 04:58 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawlty View Post
I believe they are limited to under 30mph or 45kph. Here is the spec for a Ligier:

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/ma.../ixo/2012.html
Oh my, there are a lot of small cars that never see North America. Yeah, we have a bigger is better mind-set that is still trying to grasp the benefit of smaller more fuel efficient transportation.
As a teenager I had a used 1960 Austin Mini. Great mileage. 60 mpg was normal at 60mph. 75mpg at 45mph. Good thing it was cheap on gas because the repairs keep me broke. Should have learned my lesson but didn't. 10 years and a few cars later I bought a new austin 1100 with an auto tranny. Really dumb. They were never really built to endure the Canadian winters in any way, shape or form. 34 F and it would not start. Had to plug in the block heater while standing there in a T-shirt and shorts. I was afraid to park it anywhere for long without leaving it running.
This is after owning a North American Rambler American that would start at 50 F below "0" without a block heater.
Oops, I am wandering again. Suffice to say times have changed for the better with fuel efficient comfy cars with all the bells and whistles. My eyes do wander to the Ford Focus now and again. Nice car and great styling. Good economy etc but I still have a paid for Ranger that fits and has few bells and whistles to malfunction in time.

Login or Register to Remove Ads