Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Instructional Articles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #11
ruxpin76

Re: GZ250 Cafe Conversion

UPDATE: 10/23/11

Well, this project was obviously on hold for a while... My wife bought me a Honda (*GASP*) CBR250 so we could ride 2-up at highway speeds (and I'm a sportbike guy anyhow, though I like cafes, standards, and liked the GZ as a cruiser). I've also been working at a machine shop (now unemployed...) and putting my own roof on. All that said, it's time to get back to the GZ. It will be my fall/winter project. The nice thing is that with the weather here in NC, testing in Dec/Jan/Feb is still sometimes an option.

So, here's the plan.

* New straight spine welded into the GZ's original frame.
* New "clean" lower rail from fork tube to the engine lower to get rid of the old footpeg slag...
* Monoshock conversion in the rear (tabs welded on the flat on the GZ's original swingarm going to the straight spine
* Angled carb bootie to clear monoshock, and canister filter.
* Dual exhaust fabricated from 2 stock exhausts
* Custom rearsets
* Wiring cleanup with new AGM battery in tail section
* New tank (Honda CB350 70's era) and new tail (custom fiberglass) and new seat (plywood and naugahyde...)

Will post pics as work develops. I think it should progress much more quickly now that I still have 2 rideable wheels, and less racing go kart paraphenalia cluttering the garage. Stay tuned! This thread's not dead yet....It just turned into a newt. It'll get better....

Login or Register to Remove Ads