Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 06-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
fatoldfool

130 miles on GZ yesterday

One of my Harley friends that didn't know I had sold the sporty called and wanted me to go riding with him yesterday...When I told him all I had was the GZ he said he would go slow....so I put 130 miles on it behind a pretty FATBOY...listening to that FATBOY bark through the V&H pipes gave me the itch again, but I will resist.....Only place I had any problem keeping up was over Potts Mtn, where 5th gear was just too high to pull it, so running 4th I dropped behind a bit. All in all, that seat got pretty hard, but the bike did ok.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: 130 miles on GZ yesterday

This is what motorcycles are built to do.
It's great to hear that you got a chance to really stretch her legs and do to so with a riding partner.

As you saw while going over the mountain, that is really the only place where the GZ wouldn't be able to keep up. Unless you guys jumped on the interstate, I'll wager that you kept with him no problem on the flats and the twists, right? Unless you guys blast around country roads at 70mph, he probably didn't even have to slow down. Most all bikes cruise and maintain a very moderate riding speed. It's not like you guys were group riding with sport bikes.

Anyway, glad you had a nice ride. Get as many of those in as you can.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
fatoldfool

And I forgot to brag on the GZ suspension. I weigh just under 200 now and the suspension is great to me. Much better than any of the Sportsters I have had except the last one, and it had Progressive on both ends (that is an investment well worth while if you ride a sporty). After reading some negative comments about the GZ suspension I was a bit afraid of taking a long ride, but it performed much better than I expected.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

And you still came home with lots of gas left in the tank. Glad to hear you are happy with the GZ after having bigger bikes. With the exception of fast freeways the GZ will happily haul your butt to any destination you choose.