Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 01-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: GZ Rider says goodbye

I will accept responsibility for making the changes that I did, but my intention in doing so was not to make someone look like an attacker.
I completely agree with the direction that GzRider was taking the conversation. I had no problem there. However, due to the very defensive position of the OP, I removed sections of that conversation that were personal, or could have been deemed personal by either side.

My intention, based on the posts that I kept in the thread, was to leave only the pertinent information that needed to be answered by the OP. In this case, it was GzRider's very valid point to question why a bike did not have a title. My error, as GzRider stated above, was not allowing him the discretion to alter his own posts. And I am sincerely sorry for overlooking this side of things. And in my haste to clean up a "for sale" thread, I will admit that I simply didn't consider the possible fall-out. We moderators (Well, I can only speak for myself) alter and edit mis-posts or "quote" code errors all the time. In my mind, this was similar to that while also diffusing a possible negative situation.

GzRider, if my overshadowing is the reason for your mistrust of a moderator's position, I will gladly relinquish it. Just say the word. But don't leave. I do my best to keep things cleaned up and tidy and I think this was just a gross oversight on my part. On top of everything else, you know what kind of crap I'm going through emotionally. I'm sorry, man.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
JWR

Good follow up.

Some times you can't be on either side, throw it all in open, it will work itself out or not.
:2tup:

Just my .02 cents.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 01-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
mrlmd1

The problem now is that he (GZ Rider) has to log back on here to read Jonathan's explanation and apology and reconsider his move. If he is gone and doesn't come back, he'll never see it, and we have lost a valuable member.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
Gz Rider

Old 01-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gz Rider
to: Jonathan180iq

.....Let me ask you this, would you consider restoring the posts as they were?
I have no problem doing that, if that's what it takes to show you what my true intentions were.
I'll be honest and say that I don't know if it's possible. But I'll scroll through the moderation logs and see if I can restore it. If I can't, then maybe someone else can (Dupo or Patrick?). I know this forum like the back of my hand, but I'm not a technical wizard when it comes to that sort of thing.

If restoration isn't possible, all I can do is give you my word that something like this won't happen again.
I'll certainly continue to clean up double posts and eliminate Spam threads and correct code errors. I mean, that's our job. But, the editing of personal posts is a overreach of our authority. You are absolutely right about that. It won't happen again, at least without fair warning.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Re: GZ Rider tries to say goodbye but fail

You cannot restore posts once you make the changes. Just as if you edited your own post, you can't "undo" it. You have to go back and re write it.

As a rule, we never edit a person's post other than to fix tags, links or pictures. The only other person who had posts edited was that old narrow minded fart that we kicked off the board. If you were around for that, then you know WHY his posts were edited and subsequently deleted.

Jonathan, you took responsibility and if everyone is fine with it, I am too. GZ Rider, I hope you stay. It happened, wont happen again. Lets move on and just enjoy the forum. Its only a forum on the internet, there are more important things to be pissed off at in the world

NEXT time, Jon, PM the offender and let them know you are going to delete their posts if they do not edit or delete them themselves. Last resort, lock the thread with final comments on why it was being locked, PM'ing both parties involved.

:rawk:

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
mrlmd1

That /\ sounds good to me, and should be the right way to handle this type of thing.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
That /\ sounds good to me, and should be the right way to handle this type of thing.
:plus1:

Old 01-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #19
Gz Rider

Old 01-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #20
greatmaul

Re: GZ Rider tries to say goodbye but fails

Hi to GZ, just wanted to say that I have always found anything you've had to say on here to be very useful and I've always had a great deal of respect for you, your opinions and your knowledge.