Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 09-20-2006, 02:08 PM   #1
Bill

"throttle boss" hand rest?

I'm not sure what these are called but they are plastic pieces that velcro to throttle. The heel of your palm rests on it to relieve hand cramping when holding the throttle grip for extended periods of time.
Is anyone familiar with these? What is your experience? Any down sides to using them? Is this just a cheap gimick or a nice comfort?

Cheers!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-21-2006, 03:29 AM   #2
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo
Buy one. They work great.

I have one but i'm not sure who makes it. Its not the one thats like 4" long and looks like a huge tongue depresser. I have the one thats shorter and wider, fits into your palm more. I got it for my Shadow because the 1" bars were making my hands go numb (lots of vibration from the v-twin added with the cobra drag pipes, it vibrates like crazy).

Works pretty darn good. I just rest my palm on it on the highway and loosen my grip on the handlebars. Takes away the numbness rather well. I am thinking on getting one for the left side too so i can loosen up on the grip on that side as well.

I recommend this style :

Its very comfortable and you forget its even there after awhile.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 09-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #3
Badbob

Your gloves and can help a lot with the vibration. If they stick to the grips well you can relax you grip

One of our GZ250s has a nasty vibration problem because some one changed the grips and removed the handle bar weights. It actually vibrates the mirrors loose. :sad:

Old 09-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dupo
Buy one. They work great.

Works pretty darn good. I just rest my palm on it on the highway and loosen my grip on the handlebars. Takes away the numbness rather well. I am thinking on getting one for the left side too so i can loosen up on the grip on that side as well.

I recommend this style :

Its very comfortable and you forget its even there after awhile.
That looks like the one. Wanted to make sure the velcro held it in place without moving and that it didn't interfer with operating the throttle.

Cheers!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
Dupo

Yea they come with a wide rubber band type sheath for under the velcro to keep it from slipping. You'll have to play with its position to get a good spot for it. Too high and it will keep hitting your palm as you let off the throttle, too low and its uncomfortable because you have to bend your wrist too much to use it. Took me about 2 days of playing with it till i found a happy medium.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook

Old 10-02-2006, 07:30 AM   #6
Bill

I picked up one of these for about $8.00 last week and tried it out this weekend. I haven't made any adjustments since wrapping it on but so far it feels nice and comfortable. I was afraid it would be in the way or interfer with braking but it really gives my hand a wider resting place. I may get one for the left side.

Cheers!
Old 10-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #7
Dupo

Yea one of these days im going to get back to the shop where i bought it and get one for the left side as well.

Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 01-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #8
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I had a throttle rocker on my Ninja a few years ago and I didn't much care for it. I didn't think it gave enough support so I just took it off after a few hundred miles.

I do however recommend the Vista Cruise Control, if you are ever on long roads or if you use the highway.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #9
Water Warrior 2

I use a throttle rocker that velcros on and just love it. Gonna get another for the left side grip this weekend at the bike show in Abbotsford. It does make a difference for hand fatigue on a longer ride and the price is right.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:10 AM   #10
Bill

I never did find one for the left side other than in the J&P catalog. The local stores don't seem to carry them and you can't turn a right sided one upside down. O_o I'll just keep looking as I ride around to different towns. I sure do like the right one though. These old arthritic hands appreciate them.

Cheers!