Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 03-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
chandlerbingfl

Re: Anyone confirm bulb sizes?

My answers are at the end of each of your questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Hmm, please humor me a little but I have a couple questions.
Did all of the signal lights flash properly before the turn indicator burned out? Yes
Did you check for proper bulb size in the signals themselves? Yes
Do the front signal lights act as running lights and signal lights? They are a 2 element bulb. Yes
Do the signal lights themselves flash without or without the turn indicator bulb installed? Yes
Just wanting to know if it is only the turn indicator that is hooped.
Yes it is only the turn signal indicator to the right of the neutral indicator. Turn signals work properly as running lights and turn indicators. It is only when I put in the replacement that the turn signal will blink once then stay lit only as a running light. Hope that last part makes sense...

chandlerbingfl

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Take the lenses off the signal lights and clean the contacts on the bulbs and the sockets. I have a feeling you have a poor ground somewhere that showed up just to drive you nuts. Check any connectors that may have been disturbed too.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #13
chandlerbingfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Take the lenses off the signal lights and clean the contacts on the bulbs and the sockets. I have a feeling you have a poor ground somewhere that showed up just to drive you nuts. Check any connectors that may have been disturbed too.
Per your request WW the above has been completed and my results are the same... It was 34F here this morning (in my garage) and the bike started on the second try with no choke, so I gather the battery, electrical and fuel systems should be ok.....

After all is said and done I can't believe that I can find a part number for these bulbs....even my local Suzuki dealer parts guy said he needed to call me back which was over an hour ago....

chandlerbingfl

Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

The fiche info at Ronayers.com only provides Suzuki part numbers. Not much help unless you want to order that way from your dealer.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:43 AM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbingfl
I just did and couldn't find anything... I even searched the entire sight for a 168LL (which is right on the package) and found noting...

The search continues,
chandlerbingfl
Will a 168 LL work do you think? I wasn't able to dermine if it would. If so, just Google "168LL light bulb" and have at er.
Best of luck.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
chandlerbingfl

Quick update! Hope it's a quick read for you anyway....
Bike was running great after 16T and valve adjustment until I mucked with the above mentioned bulb situation. Several great riding days later I rode bike to a store and everything was good until I tried to restart.... Nothing, no noise, no lights.... push started but engine was definitely struggling under throttle but ok at idle. Lights were real dim and dimmer under load. Would not run at all. Hmm towing and/or leaving were not the best options.... I called Sean (he owns Karport Kustoms, check him out on Facebook to see some of his work) and, mind you this is 9:30 Tuesday night, he listens to the engine over the phone, gives a few options then offers to come and pick me and the bike up. Could one ask for a bike mechanic like this? He diagnosed the bike next day found frayed wires in the rear taillights and the major issue was the battery....measured 10v no load, 4.5 when the bike was able to "run"....

Whew! Replaced the battery and had the lights rewired and viola have my bike back - AND - the bulbs that I now have replaced are functioning fine!

TLR Bike would not run, nothing, replaced battery, tweaked wiring, happy camper....

Thanks all!
chandlerbingfl
Old 03-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Great news. Just goes to show that a wiring problem can appear from anywhere to bring frustration and grief.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #18
chandlerbingfl

For future reference - As for the bulbs a Sylvania #74 works for the speedo light and #164LL or #194LL will work for the turn signal indicator....

chandlerbingfl