Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #1
ImaginativeFig

*Sigh* so I got 'im all reassembled, but still no go. Not sure if I'm just being skiddish and all those loud, bad sounding noises are normal (it's been so long since I heard what he's supposed to sound like).

But anyway, they were alarming noises and my boyfriend agreed that they were somewhat alarming and then we tried to turn over the engine by hand and found that I had not tightened the rotor nut on enough.

I took my impact to it again and got the nut about flush with the end of the shaft, the bf expressed concerns about messing up the crank shaft, so I stopped.

We tried with the ignition again and it made different alarming noises and he thought that the cam chain was in a bind, but we were both cranky and called it quits for the day

Today I took the cylinder head cover back off to have a look, saw nothing, drained all the oil back out and took a peek in the crank case at the lower end of the cam chain, and saw nothing wrong, so I tried turning it over by hand again and this video around 1:10 is how that worked out for me

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by ImaginativeFig; 05-08-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: trying to make it less run on

Tags
electrical, oil, problems, troubleshooting, won't start