Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
burkbuilds

A Harley Rider was NICE to me

I've done my share of bashing on some of the Harley Riders out there, so I feel kinda obligated to share my experience Saturday morning. I was taking the side roads over to I-75 when I heard him coming up from behind me. At the 4-way stop he pulled up along side of me. I glanced over and I'll have to admit that I "profiled" this guy immediately, and I couldn't have been more wrong. He was on an 883, wearing a skull cap, flat black, had a pretty long beard and an even longer pony tail which was hanging down his back almost to his waist. He had on a leather sleeveless jacket with all kinds of biker emblems on it and a white short sleeve T-shirt, black chaps and boots. He wasn't wearing an OUTLAW emblem, but otherwise he would have blended right in with them. I was a little surprised when he immediately spoke to me, "In about two more hours we won't be able to stand this heat any more", he said, "yeah, you got that right", I replied. He took off fast and I followed along behind him. At the next intersection, I pulled up beside him as we waited for traffic to clear so we could both make a left turn. "Where you headed?" he asked. "I'm going up to the lake for a cook out with my family." I replied, "how about you?" He said,"I'm heading over to the flea market to look for some bargains." "Good luck" I said. "Keep the rubber on the pavement" he hollered and took off again. Once again I pulled out at a leisurely pace and followed along. As I approached a set of curves I saw him up ahead of me, he put his left hand down and signalled for me to slow down, which I did, thinking maybe there was a cop shooting radar or something. When I got to the curve I saw that someone was having a yard sale, people had parked in the road and oncoming traffic was swinging out into my lane to pass them. Glad he gave me a warning. At the next light I once again pulled up beside him. "Ever been to NIGHTFALL?" he asked me. "No" I replied. "You ought to come on down, the cops block off Market Street but they let you ride your bikes all the way down and park near the music stage, they got beer and wine and it's a good time." he told me. "Thanks, maybe I'll see you there some time". I said and we drove off when the light changed.
That was about the most anybody I didn't already know has spoken to me at stops while I was riding. Nice guy, kinda rough looking, but really a nice guy. I guess he makes up for a lot of other Harley riders who won't wave or speak to you if you aren't on a Hog. Just thought I should share this with everybody.

Login or Register to Remove Ads