Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Gadgets & Farkles

Old 05-17-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
inkybinky

kuryakyn iso grips and wing pegs

Hello, recently aquired a 2007 GZ, I am trying to order these grips and wings, but not sure on the wings if I need no ends or the clevis & clamp, and any adapters ? Any advice to a newbee rider and owner ?

Inkybinky

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: kuryakyn iso grips and wing pegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkybinky
Any advice to a newbee rider and owner ?
Yes.

You're gonna need to provide more information....like a link or picture for the "wing pegs".
I, for one, don't know what that means. I don't think we've heard from anyone who has changed out the pegs; you might be a first for that.

Secondly, changing out the grips can be a pain in the backside. Unless you REALLY want the "bling" of the Kury grips, you can get foam slip-on grips that improve the function a lot. Of course, they are just dull grey ! :roll:
Old 05-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
music man

I think Sarris has Kuryakyn grips on his GZ, I don't know about the pegs though, but you DO need the ones with ends, but good luck finding the right ends to fit the GZ the first try.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Sarris

I got ISO grips and swept pegs. Very comfy. I ordered universal 7/8" ISO grips and pegs for a S40 Boulevard (aka 650 Savage).

Call Kuryakyn if you have any issues. They are very knowlegeable.

All fit perfectly.

:biggrin:
Old 05-18-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
buck-gz

Hi,

I found a good looking pair of Kuryakyn swing footpegs on the CruiserCustomizing website http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detai ... odel_id=26. The part number is KY-4467. These pegs use a standard adapter for an LS650/Savage. Based on Sarris' post, I believe it should fit the GZ250.

However, I have a small (maybe a large) problem. Each footpeg on my GZ is attached with a pin through the end that is secured with an O-ring. How do I get the O-ring off without damaging it? Or should I look for a replacement clevis bolt and cotter pin?

Thanks,
"Blood Type A+"

Old 05-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
Sarris

Just remove the cotter pin and remove it all leaving only the frame bracket. As I recall, a new bolt came (from Kuryakyn) with my pegs and I'm fairly sure I had to enlarge the mout hole on the footpeg bracket to get the new bolt through.

Just for my own edification, why didn't you call Kuryakyn for fitment clarifaction and order directly from them??

O_o :??:
Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
buck-gz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Just remove the cotter pin and remove it all leaving only the frame bracket. As I recall, a new bolt came (from Kuryakyn) with my pegs and I'm fairly sure I had to enlarge the mout hole on the footpeg bracket to get the new bolt through.

Just for my own edification, why didn't you call Kuryakyn for fitment clarifaction and order directly from them??

O_o :??:

:??:

I read the posts here and decided to look at my bike first. I should have been more clear in my message. My pegs are stock, but they do not have cotter pins. The bolt(?) goes through the frame and the peg and is secured by what looks like a metal O-ring. The fact that my pegs do not have cotter pins threw me off.

I have not purchased the pegs yet. The unusual bolt(?) and O-ring (with no cotter pin) on my pegs gave me pause, so I thought I would ask about it. I still do not know how I might get the O-ring off of the existing bolt(?).

I am still researching the pegs so that I get the correct ones. I do intend to call Kuryakyn, but I like to be armed with any info I need to sound like I know what I want. The pegs and adapter on the site seem to have the same fit as the ones you mentioned. Just want to be sure...

Regards,
"Blood Type A+"
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #8
Sarris

Its called a c-clip and it fits in a groove in the through bolt (?). It just pulls off at 90 degrees. There is an opening in one side of the clip, so pull it off with a pair of needle nose pliers perpendicular to that (c-clip) opening.

Sorry, I had forgotten about the c-clip.

:whistle:
Old 05-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #9
Goose

I pull a ton of those c-clips off at work. I usually just stick a small flat head screwdriver in one of the two slots that are opposite the opening and pry it off. I've never damaged one doing it this way, in-fact, that's how I did it when I removed the passenger pegs on my GZ.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
buck-gz

As usual, the group comes through. Thanks to Sarris and Goose for the help and support. I will post pictures when I make the modification.

:2tup:
"Blood Type A+"