Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #1
Tru5abi

Indictor green light

Just got the bike on wed and took it for a couple a rides and this morning when i was on my way to work the little green light that flashes when my indicator light is on wouldn't flash. In not use to having to turn it off so it really does help to have it working. Any ideas what could be the solution

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-01-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Easy Rider

Re: Indictor green light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru5abi
Just got the bike on wed and took it for a couple a rides and this morning when i was on my way to work the little green light that flashes when my indicator light is on wouldn't flash. In not use to having to turn it off so it really does help to have it working. Any ideas what could be the solution
I think I understand what you are trying to say.

When you turn on the signal, the green light does not flash but do the amber signal lights flash? Does the failure occur on both left and right signals?

If the signals DO work, then it could be just a burned out bulb under the green lens.
If the signals do NOT work, then you have a more difficult problem. First thing I would check is the fuse.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 PM   #3
Tru5abi

the signals work and everything its just green light doesn't work, im gonna try and see if it the fuse i'll get back to u

Old 06-02-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru5abi
the signals work and everything its just green light doesn't work, im gonna try and see if it the fuse i'll get back to u
Is English not your first language? :roll:

To repeat a line from my previous post:

If the signals DO work, then it could be just a burned out bulb under the green lens.

OR
Bulb loose in the socket or loose or broken wire going to the bulb socket.

It is likely *** NOT *** a fuse since the signals actually work.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #5
GZ250

First check the bulb. Probably it would be a burnt out bulb. Happens to my indicator and turn on bulbs. Bulbs are cheap but tricky to take out. The plastic cover is snap on then push down the plastic holder to remove the bulb. Be careful not to break the bulb.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
El_Shorto

I understand what he's trying to say. The signals DO work, but the green signal indicator doesnt.

Now, more questions:
First, is this a problem that happens every time or just sometimes?
Second, is the bike new or used?

If its a constant problem, you probably have a burned bulb. If its an intermittent problem, then its most likely a loose or bad connection. The second is more likely with a used bike.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
El Diablo

Was there ever a resolution to this problem. My green indicator light stopped working this afternoon but the slashers do. Was is just a bulb? My bike is new new, only 900 miles on it.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
Old 07-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Probably just a bulb. If it was a fuse, very few lights would work, period.

This particular bulb is a pain to replace, btw. Those little boots make it very difficult to get the bulb out. Just be aware that it's a PULL-OUT bulb and NOT a TWIST-OUT bulb. If you twist it, you'll break it and/or the socket.

I folded the top down and just squeezed the bulb out carefully like you would a tube of toothpaste.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #9
buck-gz

Turn signal indicator

This forum has come to the rescue again. I have searched the owner's and service manuals for this issue, but they are devoid of anything on how to change these bulbs. They do say that the neutral indicator and the turn signal indicator lights are both 12Vdc, 3.4 watt lamps.

A few days ago I noticed that my turn signal indicator was not working when I put on the turn signal.

I am going to try to remove and replace the bulb tonight after dinner. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
"Blood Type A+"
Old 07-29-2008, 03:05 PM   #10
Sarris

Turn Signal Indicator Bulb

The bulb replacement is easy. Gently pull up on the green lens to remove. It justs pops into a rubber receptacle. Then gently pull the rubber receptacle with the bulb inside out through the bottom. Look in the rubber receptacle to find the bulb. Pull the bulb straight out of the socket. DO NOT TWIST IT!! Replace the bulb and reassemble the unit in reverse of the disassembly.

See the service manual (on site for download) page #6-24 for a detailed drawing.

Done deal.