Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #11
El Diablo

I'd like to give a shout out to my local Dealer - Performance Plus in Memphis. Green indicator light went out so I went by there to get a new bulb. They had the bulb, took it out to the bike and replaced it for me right then and there - No Charge. The guy said they rarely see these bulbs burn out. My bike only has 1K on it. My dealer has been extremely easy to deal with. Don't find service like that very often now a days.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #12
finallyinthesaddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
I'd like to give a shout out to my local Dealer - Performance Plus in Memphis. Green indicator light went out so I went by there to get a new bulb. They had the bulb, took it out to the bike and replaced it for me right then and there - No Charge. The guy said they rarely see these bulbs burn out. My bike only has 1K on it. My dealer has been extremely easy to deal with. Don't find service like that very often now a days.
Must be a new bike thing. I got my from the local shop here (signed the papers on her the day they got in the shipment); I've only got 800 miles on her and already lost the turn signal indicator. Those aren't hard to get in, but getting them out sucks.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 AM   #13
buck-gz

Turn signal indicator

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for the great help with the turn signal indicator light. I was able to pop the lens out of the rubber boot and pull the boot out from behind the yoke. I used a small cabinet/flathead screwdriver to lift the lens and a large pair of plastic tweezers to gently pull out the bulb.

I went by Loudoun Motorsports in Leesburg, VA. They are a dealership for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha. I bought two of the bulbs just in case. The folks at the dealership are very friendly. I will definitely go back there for service and gear.

The bulb replacement was a snap and it works great.

:2tup:
"Blood Type A+"

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #14
finallyinthesaddle

Just as an FYI to everybody, these bulbs, believe it or not, can actually be purchased at Advanced Auto Parts (around here anyway). I got a two pack for about $3.00. They are a standard "158" bulb, which should be enough info to get bulbs of most brands. Mine were Sylvania 158's.