Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
dwh367

My Black 2009 GZ250

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
New GZ250

Re: My Black 2009 GZ250

Great looking bike! (Looks just like mine, except a 'bit" shinier! Love the saddle bags, sissy bar etc!
:2tup:
Old 08-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
mrlmd1

Nice looking bike. As I've said multiple times on here to newbies, you better put a heat shield under that right- sided saddlebag, otherwise the hot exhaust is going to burn or melt it. Do a search here on the forum and you'll find numerous mods members have made to protect their bags.
If the dealer put those on for you and didn't mention that or tell you that could be a problem, that's because it isn't his bike.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
As I've said multiple times on here to newbies, you better put a heat shield under that right- sided saddlebag, otherwise the hot exhaust is going to burn or melt it.
Good heads up but if you keep about 2 inches of seperation, you should be OK. I did that for about 2 years, including a 1200 mile trip and it never got more than warm to the touch.

Now, if you do a lot of riding in slow moving traffic and in hot weather......then 2 inches might not be enough. Should certainly keep an eye on it though.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #5
New GZ250

Agree with Easy Rider, I have the cheap Suzuki bags, keep them two inches or so above, no problem even in city driving so far! (2100+Miles)

Enjoy your new toy!
:popcorn:

Old 08-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
burkbuilds

Great looking Bike! I really like that chrome edging around the tank and fenders too. Super nice looking saddle bags and that sissy bar is pretty cool too. One thing you might want to watch is that front tool bag. I had one mounted like that on my GZ and it apparently made a lot of contact with the front fender and kinda "wore" a place in the paint that went to far to buff out. Might not be a problem for you, I weight about 210 and that may have made the difference in the travel on the front forks. Anyway, something to watch out for, I'd hate to see that beautiful paint job get messed up.
By the way, do those tassels on the handle bars mess with you? I've heard a couple of guys say they slapped the crap out of them going down the road but I've never had any so no personal experience with that.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
dwh367

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
One thing you might want to watch is that front tool bag. I had one mounted like that on my GZ and it apparently made a lot of contact with the front fender and kinda "wore" a place in the paint that went to far to buff out. Might not be a problem for you, I weight about 210 and that may have made the difference in the travel on the front forks. Anyway, something to watch out for, I'd hate to see that beautiful paint job get messed up.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on the front fender and if I start to see any signs of wear, I'll check into getting one that has a little more clearance. My weight is 130 and I've had it on there for 2300 miles and so far so good.

Quote:
By the way, do those tassels on the handle bars mess with you? I've heard a couple of guys say they slapped the crap out of them going down the road but I've never had any so no personal experience with that.
Now that they've been "broken in" I haven't had any trouble with them. When they were "new" they would whack me every once in awhile but it wasn't anything I couldn't live with.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #8
dwh367

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Nice looking bike. As I've said multiple times on here to newbies, you better put a heat shield under that right- sided saddlebag, otherwise the hot exhaust is going to burn or melt it. Do a search here on the forum and you'll find numerous mods members have made to protect their bags.
If the dealer put those on for you and didn't mention that or tell you that could be a problem, that's because it isn't his bike.
I've been checking the right hand one on a regular basis and so far it hasn't even gotten warm, even after I've shut the bike off after a long ride. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention though, as if I didn't already know to keep an eye on them, it could turn out to be an expensive lesson.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #9
VTXorcist

Send a message via Yahoo to VTXorcist

That is a sharp lookin' bike! The trim and two-toned saddlebags really make it stand out.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #10
Stubblejumper

I agree, nice looking bike, I like the chrome trim as well. Just curious though, what type of windscreen is that?