Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 05-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
SuziQ07

My 2007 GZ and new textile jacket

First I want to say that this site has been completely invaluable...from people's advice and suggestions to the owner's/service manual that you can download (I put all the pages in a binder with tabs). I decided to go with a textile jacket over leather for my first jacket and I'm extremely happy with the decision. Before joining this site I didn't even know what a textile jacket with armor even was! In the past I have been a spectator at a Bikers for Babies rally where I saw thousands of bikers (mostly Harley) and it was a compete sea of black leather jackets everywhere!!
I purchased the Joe Rocket Women's Luna 2.0 jacket off http://www.newenough.com for $40 less than a local motorcycle store's price. I'm usually one to purchase from a brick and mortar store and support local business, but the price difference was too much, plus the store had to order the color (pink) that I wanted as well. I submitted a review with picture to newenough.com and they emailed me a $10 gift certificate toward a future purchase...not bad!
I'm pictured here with my Dad...he's been teaching everything I know about riding (along with this site and some youtube videos). According to NY State law he has to stay within a 1/4 mile of me and I can ride with my permit. I'm signed up to take the MSF class in early July...can wait! The GZ is a wonderful and very forgiving bike...I'm not sure I'll ever be able to part with her! :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: My 2007 GZ and new textile jacket

Good looking jacket. JR makes a decent jacket for a reasonable price. Give Dad an extra long hug and thank him for being there and sharing a passion.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Give Dad an extra long hug and thank him for being there and sharing a passion.
That's what dads are there for. Just a shame that my daughter/grandkids are a 4½ hour flight away. :poorbaby:

Old 05-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
BillInGA

Nice! :2tup:
Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 PM   #5
mole2

Very nice jacket. I have a Joe Rocket leather jacket and Textile Jacket. They make good stuff. You always look so happy on the bike. Keep at it. You will enjoy the course and become a better rider because of it.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
SuziQ07

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Give Dad an extra long hug and thank him for being there and sharing a passion.
That's what dads are there for. Just a shame that my daughter/grandkids are a 4½ hour flight away. :poorbaby:
Yes, it's been wonderful sharing this new experience with my dad. I'll always have fond memories of him teaching me to ride. I can't wait for the day when my dad and I ride our bikes to the Dinosaur Bar-B-Que together in downtown Syracuse, NY.
It's got to be really hard living so far from your children and grandchildren. I feel very fortunate to have found a teaching job near my parents (my house is only 10 minutes away).
Old 05-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
SuziQ07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole2
Very nice jacket. I have a Joe Rocket leather jacket and Textile Jacket. They make good stuff. You always look so happy on the bike. Keep at it. You will enjoy the course and become a better rider because of it.

Awwww thanks Mole! I am really happy learning to ride and owning my first motorcycle! I'm doing something I never thought possible. I'm still in awe of women on their own bikes!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
New GZ250

You are one lucky person that, both you and your Dad enjoy the passion of biking together. I would love it, if my wife shared the same passion I have for biking, our even if she just joined in by hopping on the back. Love your Dad's bike! Ride cautiously and safely. Plus you got a great deal on the jacket, oh yes none of my school teachers rode a bike! Keep up the good work.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #9
SuziQ07

Quote:
Originally Posted by New GZ250
You are one lucky person that, both you and your Dad enjoy the passion of biking together. I would love it, if my wife shared the same passion I have for biking, our even if she just joined in by hopping on the back. Love your Dad's bike! Ride cautiously and safely. Plus you got a great deal on the jacket, oh yes none of my school teachers rode a bike! Keep up the good work.
Thanks! I do feel fortunate to have my dad around; he's great! Unfortunately, I never shared his passion of model airplanes and old muzzle loader guns, but motorcycles, that's a different story!! :2tup: My mom is too scared and nervous to ride on the back of my dad's Harley unfortunately. And my husband has no interest in my bike and does not share my enthusiasm. Now that you say it...I can't remember any of my teachers riding a motorcycle either. One other teacher in my building rides his bike to school in good weather. I'll keep practicing away so I can ride my bike on the first day of school in the fall!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #10
New GZ250

Love teachers! My wife teaches Kindergarten and some of her students ride bikes to school! Never too early to get started! :roll:
Remember Teachers are Great! So are Fathers!